• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Last night after I landed from a flight with Gavin I was disappointed to read about the slip overcharges.

I have sent the following email to the marina management at Bimini Sands.

Gentlemen,

My groups were quoted a rate of "$50.00 per night + tax for up to 30ft" for slips before reserving their condos and slips.

This is the rate that they expected when checking in.

They were absolutely shocked to be charged more at checkout. Many have already expressed interest in finding other lodging for 2019.

I have brought you 150 days of slip rental ($7,500) already this year and have planned to bring another 250 days of slip rental ($12,500) on July 9th. I believe that volume of rental is more than deserving of the small discount offered.

I would appreciate immediate refunds of all charges above the original quoted rate.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: RE: Dates
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 10:07:04 -0500
To: 'Bruce Ward' <Bruce@JetBoaters.net>

$50.00 per night + tax for up to 30ft.

Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 6:34 PM
To: Marci Valley
Subject: Re: Dates

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed.

Do you know what the slip rates will be in Bimini? Do I need to negotiate with Helena about that?​
@Bruce any update on this? Are they refunding overcharged slip rentals? Did they charge the July group appropriately?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce any update on this? Are they refunding overcharged slip rentals? Did they charge the July group appropriately?
As far as I know the July group was charged the quoted $50 + tax which worked out to $56 a day for me.

The last communication from Peter Maury on this topic was “Unfortunately the group that booked your reservation did not communicate the negotiated rate so we can fix that” on July 3rd.

I will send another email to ask about the refunds today. If you do not receive refunds of the overcharges this week I suggest disputing the overcharge through your bank. Certainly you were charged under duress and while objecting to the overcharges.

In email, on the phone and in person I have found Peter Maury to be extremely dishonest, intentionally deceptive and in complete denial of his actions. I am extremely hopeful that his interference and intentional acts of sabotage at Bimini Sands will be short lived. I am shocked and saddened that both the Roberts family and the Association of Bahamas Marinas have given him authoritative positions through which he is embarrassing them.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Actually Peter's last email on the slip overcharges was "As far as the group goes we will pull the records and see how best to issue the $17.50 per vessel, give me some time."

This is the email that I sent to Peter this morning.

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 10.09.03 AM.png

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is that per day?
Yes, I previously made Peter aware that the refund was per day.

My charge was $50 slip fee + $6 tax per day.

What you were charged likely varies based on the length of the boat.

Was the June group charged taxes on top of the fuel prices? This was a new surprise for me.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Was the June group charged taxes on top of the fuel prices? This was a new surprise for me.
I know there was a cost for cash vs credit, I do not know about taxes applied or not? $5.50 for cash/gallon. is gas tax free there? or part of the base price?

what a freakin mess !!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I received an anonymous love letter from Apex NC today was that you @justason

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I received an anonymous love letter from Apex NC today was that you @justason
Well @robert843 i do like your hair. And your choice of attire. Even your smile has a certain sparkle. But sadly i have to say it wasnt I. But please do scan and share!!!!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score