• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I guess Yamaha Boats wants to be friends again this year?
Lets see if they invite @Julian this year

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
View attachment 79332 We are FAMOUS!
But I will say, it’s pretty ironic they use our photos from Bimini but these are “supposed” to be “lake boats” :)
I sent these to Yamaha and gave them permission to use them. I do hope we will connect more with them....glad to see they used them and even gave us attribution! :)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The way I see it @Julian is trying to make the June group to be cooler.....

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I love that that pick has a 2008 and a 2009 boat along side two new boats....

Also we see the red boat is obviously the headliner here Sooo... Where do I go to get my royalty check?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The way I see it @Julian is trying to make the June group to be cooler.....
Was this still in question I thought it had already been decided the June group was cooler.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unless your shit falls apart on the crossing and Yamaha wants nothing to do with repairing their faulty materials...
No kidding, lol.

We're good though.
Took a while but we got even, I think.
:)

--

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I love that that pick has a 2008 and a 2009 boat along side two new boats....

Also we see the red boat is obviously the headliner here Sooo... Where do I go to get my royalty check?
They said the check was in the mail.....LOL

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was this still in question I thought it had already been decided the June group was cooler.
Totally agreed that June is the coolest group on its league. It is that the July is a whole different ballgame , I guess

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri What is the draft on your boat, and were there any areas around Bimini where that was an issue or concern? Did you avoid certain areas that the Yamahas did go to?

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri What is the draft on your boat, and were there any areas around Bimini where that was an issue or concern? Did you avoid certain areas that the Yamahas did go to?
Hi @Berrie the draft as per the specs is 17" (min) - 33" (max)

My rule of thumb is that if the depth falls below 3.5 feet, to slow down the boat drastically, trim up the engine and inch forward carefully. I got the bottom scratched a couple of times going to and from Hilton when I drifted off the channel giving way to bigger boats. Otherwise it was of no concern.
@Glen warned me about the depth on the sand bar between north and south cat cay. The closer you get to the sandbar, the depth falls from 2 feet to 1/2 foot. I had to anchor my chap in 4 feet of water and wade the remaining way to the sand bar. It felt surreal though, watching the chap from a distance and worrying about whether the anchor will give way and strand us on the sand bar. This is something I will definitely recommend you to experience. The picture gives you an idea of how far away from the chap we had to wade/walk on the sand bar in order to really enjoy its beauty. 2B8538C9-F3E6-4026-BA76-C2A2FA22D906.jpeg 852D8282-D519-4D1F-87D4-BE5B8A18B7BD.jpeg A5DCFFB5-767C-449C-AB60-F5E8E2686310.jpeg

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We went to the airplane wreck and I was concerned about draft there at low tide with our boat. There are the occasional rock/coral head in there that stick up way higher than the surrounding bottom. We anchored in the middle of a weed bed when we got there as I knew the tide was going out and didn't want to swing towards one of those rocks.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Has anyone here been to Bimini at end of August/early September? How rough will be the crossing ?

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone here been to Bimini at end of August/early September? How rough will be the crossing ?
The prevailing winds will still be from a favorable direction, they don't change to north until late September.
So it can be really smooth, it can be rough, it really depends on what the weather looks like. Not much different from June/July but with a better change of winds/waves, and an occasional hurricane. ;)

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
The prevailing winds will still be from a favorable direction, they don't change to north until late September.
So it can be really smooth, it can be rough, it really depends on what the weather looks like. Not much different from June/July but with a better change of winds/waves, and an occasional hurricane. ;)
Should be interesting :)

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi @Berrie the draft as per the specs is 17" (min) - 33" (max)

My rule of thumb is that if the depth falls below 3.5 feet, to slow down the boat drastically, trim up the engine and inch forward carefully. I got the bottom scratched a couple of times going to and from Hilton when I drifted off the channel giving way to bigger boats. Otherwise it was of no concern.
@Glen warned me about the depth on the sand bar between north and south cat cay. The closer you get to the sandbar, the depth falls from 2 feet to 1/2 foot. I had to anchor my chap in 4 feet of water and wade the remaining way to the sand bar. It felt surreal though, watching the chap from a distance and worrying about whether the anchor will give way and strand us on the sand bar. This is something I will definitely recommend you to experience. The picture gives you an idea of how far away from the chap we had to wade/walk on the sand bar in order to really enjoy its beauty. View attachment 79518 View attachment 79519 View attachment 79520
Beautiful pictures @Amar Nanduri and I know the feeling. My boat actually did drift away once with the anchor not holding. Not a good experience. I ordered a larger anchor the next day.
My draft is about the same.