• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce you got to stop man.... it has been less than month and I am getting withdraw symptoms ....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Here it is, take it easy on me, it was my first edit... would only let me post 720p I guess because there was some cell phone video in there? I think its time to upgrade.
Awesome video.....I wasn't nearly as daring as you flying at the sunken plane....figured since that is within .5 mile of the airport I'd better keep it really low altitude....same with around the Sands.....especially as technically one isn't allowed to fly a drone anywhere on N. or S. Bimini (5 miles from the airport).

What drone are you using?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do have 2 extra days of unused vacation from work LOL
Do you get extra time off if you are lost in the Bermuda Triangle?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Want to go back this weekend? I do......
Hmm @Andy S was already coming to Myrtle Beach any ways tomorrow I can get Cindy and him out on the 7am non stop flight to Ft Lauderdale and I can get boat down to Ft Lauderdale tomorrow night. I'm now thinking out loud if its worth it.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, I have 90 days of short term disability that I can use.
I am good at getting lost in the triangle, turquoise water and a bottle of rum......

Oh and shark bites must qualify for disability. I can help you get one.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Damn checking the weather forecast and if it would have been perfect I might have really gone through with it but the winds and seas look a little higher then my liking for 22 hours of towing for two days in Bimini but I did get excited for a second.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn checking the weather forecast and if it would have been perfect I might have really gone through with it but the winds and seas look a little higher then my liking for 22 hours of towing for two days in Bimini but I did get excited for a second.
3 footers at 4 seconds with 15mph wind on your face ..... What's there not frown upon ? it is not like the forecast will be off and you will end up with 5 to 6 footer. That never happens right !!!!!!:jimlad:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
3 footers at 4 seconds with 15mph wind on your face ..... What's there not frown upon ? it is not like the forecast will be off and you will end up with 5 to 6 footer. That never happens right !!!!!!:jimlad:
Correct my good sir! If it was a 8 hour round trip tow maybe but for a 22 hour round trip tow I will stay home and start my NC stretch of the great loop versus getting beat up in that.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, Three footers? That’s nothing to worry about. You could cross in two hours.....

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
it is not like the forecast will be off and you will end up with 5 to 6 footer
Even at six footers Robert could cross in 2.5 hours.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843, Three footers? That’s nothing to worry about. You could cross in two hours.....
I would have a 2 year old on the boat so I would have to take it a little easy so probably 2.5 hours. The crossing isn't what stinks it would be spending two 8 hour days floating around in it getting beat up while trying to snorkel and relax.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would have a 2 year old on the boat so I would have to take it a little easy so probably 2.5 hours. The crossing isn't what stinks it would be spending two 8 hour days floating around in it getting beat up while trying to snorkel and relax.
Lobster season opens tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Awesome video.....I wasn't nearly as daring as you flying at the sunken plane....figured since that is within .5 mile of the airport I'd better keep it really low altitude....same with around the Sands.....especially as technically one isn't allowed to fly a drone anywhere on N. or S. Bimini (5 miles from the airport).

What drone are you using?
Mavic air

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Here it is, take it easy on me, it was my first edit... would only let me post 720p I guess because there was some cell phone video in there? I think its time to upgrade.
Great video!! Looks like the Hilton Resort World is a nice place to stay compared to Bimini Sands which looks like it's running on fumes at this point. If we ever get to make the crossing we'll likely do RW or rent a home off VRBO with some friends. Again great video with lots of scenery!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great video!! Looks like the Hilton Resort World is a nice place to stay compared to Bimini Sands which looks like it's running on fumes at this point. If we ever get to make the crossing we'll likely do RW or rent a home off VRBO with some friends. Again great video with lots of scenery!
Unless the entire group relocates or you happen to be antisocial you would have a much better time staying at Bimini Sands with the group. RW is at the end of long either no wake zone or dangerous channel, I have seen it as both. Those in the canal houses feel excluded unless they are part of a large group staying there they also receive more bites.