• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unless the entire group relocates or you happen to be antisocial you would have a much better time staying at Bimini Sands with the group. RW is at the end of long either no wake zone or dangerous channel, I have seen it as both. Those in the canal houses feel excluded unless they are part of a large group staying there they also receive more bites.
Receive more bites? For $750 I will install an automated misting system around the pool and hang out area for the week.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Receive more bites? For $750 I will install an automated misting system around the pool and hang out area for the week.
Bimini Sands has a pest control program. It works better some days than others.

The stagnant canal areas have n0 such program.

I received more bites at Bimini Sands in 2018 than I had since 2014. Of course the new management company had decided that twice a day spraying was unnecessary.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If the homeowners come out on top there might be some commercial opportunity for you.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
RW was a nice get away but we defiantly had a better time at Bimini sands with the group.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If the homeowners come out on top there might be some commercial opportunity for you.
Another company in metro atlanta has a customer with home somewhere in Bahamas and he gets flown down 3 times a year to service the system. He gets to stay a week st owners house.. he flys him down on his private plane. It works well :)

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would bring my personal unit down it's small and would fit in boat easily. The tubing does take up any room.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would bring my personal unit down it's small and would fit in boat easily. The tubing does take up any room.

would you be the person whom I need to talk if I want somethign like this installed at my backyard ?>

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
would you be the person whom I need to talk if I want somethign like this installed at my backyard ?>
Your in Texas? It's pretty easy to install so I could order stuff for you. You could also look online "mistaway" is the brand I install and they are top of the line. They are based in Houston. Some people make money selling them online and other companies will install and service them.

If go to website you can scroll to bottom and find dealer locator.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
this is great.
I did send you an IM though as this is bit of hichjack for the Bimini trip LOL

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
it was the Glasstron. And boy didn't I see its entire hull airborne more than once......

@AbuAyd can probably chime in
Yes. It was our GT207 Glastron and we were in the air a lot :). Going was much better than returning. It was more rough on the way back with bigger waves. It has a 49 gallon tank. We packed light and had extra 20 gallons of fuel. We arrived in Bimini with half tank full and never used the extra fuel in both legs of the trip.

STEVE garman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It was a good crossing. I had 1/3 tank of gas left upon return but only 1.6 gallons left upon arrival in Bimini. I think I traveled faster upon return. I had to stop 3 times to remove sea weed from my intake. I think because I don't run as deep as the double engine jets.
Shoulders sore for 3 weeks from the bounce. Had to stand. wore ski gloves to prevent blisters.
What an experience! Loved it!

Screennameinuse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have a picture or know which plug type was available for the shore power at the Sands? I'm outfitting the boat for next years trip and would like to have shore power at night for the bilge pump. I thought I took a picture but can't find it. I think it might be the 30A connector.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jetboaters Jetboaters Jetboters: BS for sale

Once in a lifetime opportunity to own an ocean front condo
in Bimini $135,000​
* Fully furnished one bedroom with mini loft located at Bimini Sands on South Bimini.
* 800s.f. Plus owners storage.
* Private master bedroom
* Mini loft with full size bed.
* Fully furnished
* Excellent rental income
* 2018 rentals paid all HOA fees, utilities, etc.
  1. Liquidation Price is $135,000 firm
  2. Buyer pays all closing fees estimated at $18,000

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length