• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2014-June 22

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow, I would certainly entertain the thread and chats on a Bimini 2015. Our commitment would be very fluid at this time. That said, Our school ends late May here, I would welcome anything early June/mid June. the reduction in storm risk was very very welcome.....

bypassing a large group like the Whalers or Guy Lee is welcome as well...The boat slip/dock management was less than desirable.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wow, I would certainly entertain the thread and chats on a Bimini 2015. Our commitment would be very fluid at this time. That said, Our school ends late May here, I would welcome anything early June/mid June. the reduction in storm risk was very very welcome.....

bypassing a large group like the Whalers or Guy Lee is welcome as well...The boat slip/dock management was less than desirable.
Yeah the way they treated you and @upperdeck with your slip was absolutely ridiculous! You relatively kept your cool and I commend you for that.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah the way they treated you and @upperdeck with your slip was absolutely ridiculous! You relatively kept your cool and I commend you for that.
"relatively". thats funny. based on "island attitudes" I'm sure they thought I was a maniac...

Are you thinking the same five days there? Longer?.
a day longer , maybe on the front end, would be welcome, start fresh on Monday there

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On the docking situation, I was assigned to dock in front of or behind @tim h whichever way we agreed upon. There was no way that arrangement was going to to work. Tim is a great guy but neither of us could make it past the other so whoever was on the inside would have to move the other boat to get out. I had docked behind @Tyler on arrival. We could easily slip past each other so I stayed there. I was able to get the dock master to agree to my preferred location.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did this docking issue arise because they thought you were all PWC's?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did this docking issue arise because they thought you were all PWC's?
Dock issue came about when the bigger fishing boats came in at the end of the week for the Guy Harvey tournament. Even though some had their space for 3 days, they gave it to a bigger fishing boat. The downside with the Bimini Sands is that they have not completed building enough slips for all the condos they have built.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
To be clear, they did not ask me to move. I asked them if I could move next to @justason so that he wouldn't have a problem.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Regardless of the dock management issues, Bimini Sands has the best docks that I saw in Bimini.

How does the week of June 7th to 13th 2015 with some extra time possibly added at one end work for everyone?

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Regardless of the dock management issues, Bimini Sands has the best docks that I saw in Bimini.

How does the week of June 7th to 13th 2015 with some extra time possibly added at one end work for everyone?
I'm not able to make those dates work, my kids are in school. Earliest I'd be able to go is the week of June 14.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The week beginning June 14th works for me. Arrival on a Monday morning is probably a good thing since it lets the previous weekends guests clear out and it lets our group drive in over the prior weekend.

Would we want to stay through the following weekend? Perhaps depart on the 15th and return on the 22nd?

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a hell of a time when they put the 30'+ power cat in front of me at the end of my dock. I was next to the fuel dock and my section was only about half as wide as the rest of the docks as a result. It didn't help that they also allowed a cigarette style boat to moor opposite me on the fuel dock. There wasn't a lot of room to get around and it resulted in a couple of tense docking moments with my wife that I'd like to not have to go through again. I was less than pleased with that. Luckily it was just the last night. Thanks to @tim h and his crew for the assist in and out of there.

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Docking is a full-contact sport...

Tyler

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've got a cruise booked June 7th - 14th. My commitment this early would be fluid as well, but if I can swing it, that week would for sure not work for me. Looking to avoid another solo crossing if given the choice, lol. I'm liking the third week talk!

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Strange idea. What about an early one while kids in school. And a late one for more of the families.

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I was thinking about going for two weeks. One week with the kids and one without.... Would just need to run back to FLL and hand the kids off to my in-laws and then add a couple adults before returning to Bimini.
Now that would be a vacation !!
:winkingthumbsup"

I really wanted to bring my girls on this trip but my wife wasn't too keen on the idea :(

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I believe my kid's school is over July 8. Still gotta bug owner if she'll actually pay me to go early, lol