• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - June 21-28th

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it looks like a wash....man this sucks...crab Island and the keys
were starting to plan contingency options too.. most of my group is flying into ft. Lauderdale.. and I’m debating ditching the boat and just flying down and getting a vrbo somewhere.

Phil Goshen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We decided to cancel because we were not going to have an answer before our cancelation. Too many variables for us. We are going go to our normal stomping grounds in Isle of Palms this year. Good luck to everyone and count us in for next year ... unless there is another Pandemic of course.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We decided to cancel because we were not going to have an answer before our cancelation. Too many variables for us. We are going go to our normal stomping grounds in Isle of Palms this year. Good luck to everyone and count us in for next year ... unless there is another Pandemic of course.
Phil let me know when you are coming down we are planning to do a few local trip this year in SC if you bring the boat.

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Would anyone be interested in change the dates to 7/18-25/2020?

I am not sure Bimini will be open by then but my gut tells me it will.

Phil Goshen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Phil let me know when you are coming down we are planning to do a few local trip this year in SC if you bring the boat.
It is going to be the same week as this trip roughly - 6/19- 6/27; found a place inside Wild Dunes Luckily - Renting a slip at IOP Marina that week and will have the same family that was going with us this time. This will be our 5th year bringing the boat to IOP and it never disappoints. Last year we saw a dozen, or so, sea turtles when we went around the Ocean Side to Charleston Harbor. Also went to Capers Island for crap hunting (and releasing :) )

2BCA30F7-A64D-44FD-9ACC-BF1132D61BD6.jpg
IMG_8996.jpg
IMG_8989.jpg
IMG_8958.jpg

Attachments

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
is that Bull Island?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would anyone be interested in change the dates to 7/18-25/2020?

I am not sure Bimini will be open by then but my gut tells me it will.
You know if the are open we are going to Exuma those days so if you decide to go to Bimini you could probably follow us over.

Phil Goshen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You know if the are open we are going to Exuma those days so if you decide to go to Bimini you could probably follow us over.
That is a dream for our family too ... going to Exumas. Have you all been before?

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wanted to try and fit it in this year... I am waiting to hear back on lodging for the 18-25 with boat dock. I was told the 19-24 was open.... he is waiting on a possible cancellation.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a dream for our family too ... going to Exumas. Have you all been before?
We have been twice if we are able to go this year it would be our third trip to Exuma. We have been blessed we have been to Bimini I think 3 times and Abaco once as well by boat. We have gone with two other forum memebers Andy S and 1948Issac below our the videos from our 2016 and 2019 Exuma trips.

Saltydog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think my choice will be to stay some where close to Harbor town, wake up early, drive over and launch at 6ish. I don't want to blow through 250 for no reason. Just my two cents
there is a motel 6 about a mile south of harbor town. 65$ ish a night and has double parking in the back for multiple truck and trailers especially if you got there at same time and worked as a team. Always down for saving money!

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wanted to try and fit it in this year... I am waiting to hear back on lodging for the 18-25 with boat dock. I was told the 19-24 was open.... he is waiting on a possible cancellation.
I may be interested in this.. my vrbo isn’t currently available those dates.. need to reach out to the owner

Saltydog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been looking into this type of trip for about a yr now and feel I have almost everything ready on the boat. Now to come up with money for the trip! Lol
Mainly wanted to know if you all are trying to stay at same place and have cookouts and drinks in the same pool? Or does everyone just cruise over together and then split?
I'm currently in Vero Beach Florida (less than 2hrs north of Fort Lauderdale.)
Was thinking about driving down the morning of launch instead of messing with hotels and dock fees and excessive slow zones- can you all give some ideas if you have done that before? Good idea vs bad idea?
Also I've read alot of reviews on places and it seems like bimini sands/cove is 50% good 50 bad. How do you know which unit they will stick you in? And if it will be near the group?
Thanks ! I cant wait for our 1st boat trip over!
Just me and 16yr old son.
Yamaha 2004 sx230

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've been looking into this type of trip for about a yr now and feel I have almost everything ready on the boat. Now to come up with money for the trip! Lol
Mainly wanted to know if you all are trying to stay at same place and have cookouts and drinks in the same pool? Or does everyone just cruise over together and then split?
I'm currently in Vero Beach Florida (less than 2hrs north of Fort Lauderdale.)
Was thinking about driving down the morning of launch instead of messing with hotels and dock fees and excessive slow zones- can you all give some ideas if you have done that before? Good idea vs bad idea?
Also I've read alot of reviews on places and it seems like bimini sands/cove is 50% good 50 bad. How do you know which unit they will stick you in? And if it will be near the group?
Thanks ! I cant wait for our 1st boat trip over!
Just me and 16yr old son.
Yamaha 2004 sx230
Over the years we have had some locals like yourself meet up with group at the mouth of the Port Everglades channel and head out with us, I see nothing wrong with it however we are typically at the mouth of the channel by 7 am and it is about a 30 minute so to no wake ride from Harbour Towne Marina so you might have a very early start to your day. If you go this way make sure someone in the group you are crossing with has your contact info because weather conditions might dictate a change in departure time.

Bimini Sands/Cove has mostly been a good place to stay. The last couple of years has been difficult due to the previous owner/manager that seemed to be trying to run the business into the ground. I am hopeful the new owners, hence the name change to Bimini Cove, will improve the operation and general condition of the facility, this covid-19 crap is not helping right now to fix up the facility.

Most people stay where the majority of folks are which has typically been Bimini Sands/Cove, there has always been a some that stay somewhere else which is fine. The group staying at Bimini Sands/Cove fter the day of boat meet up at the pool for cocktails, talk about what they did that day, and make plans for the next day. There is usually one group cookout/potluck at Honeymoon Harbour (where the stingrays and nurse sharks hangout). Depending on how social you are, while there folks use break up into groups of 2 to 6 boats and during the day boat/hangout together.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Kevin Sargent @robert843 I found a vrbo I can make work for 7/18-25. Anyone else in the group interested in switching to these dates?

Kevin, you mentioned the cost of bahia mar - might check their rates now, they were about 1/2 what they were 6mo ago pre-covid.

Should I start another thread with these dates or is there already one setup?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ifly4fun, @Kevin Sargent, are you at risk of loosing deposits if the Bahamas remain closed in July?

The possible July 1st opening date is only for commercial travel. There is no indication of when private travel may be possible.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ifly4fun, @Kevin Sargent, are you at risk of loosing deposits if the Bahamas remain closed in July?

The possible July 1st opening date is only for commercial travel. There is no indication of when private travel may be possible.
so far everything I’ve booked including vrbo has no refund restrictions due to covid

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Currently there is no fuel or water at Bimini Sands / Cove. The purchase was owner financed. The mismanagement who sabotaged our 2018 trips is still involved. The planned upgrades have not been made. I would be surprised if the ship store and cafe are operating at all.

The locals are under a complete lockdown and are instructed not to leave their homes. The mailboats are delayed so food deliveries are delayed. The government claims to have some food supplies available to the locals.