• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini July 2nd-8th 2023

lennybakery

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds good. Remind me - what's the range looking like on the '18 24 Limiteds? Just thinking about whether you'll have to refuel mid-trip.

Yep, right down the road. The trip down's pretty easy until you get to FLL and then traffic gets squirrelly. 75/Aligator Alley was just a straight coast last time with one refueling stop around Naples. Have you made the Bimini trip before?

Sorry about that, fixed it. Yes it was the Preparing for Bimini page.
I Have done this crossing twice with other members, once in 2018 and again in 2019. I have a 242 limited s and both trips had enough fuel to get there.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Alright folks, the Bahia Mar Marina has their reservations open for that weekend. Just made mine - $132.68. Should be the same for everyone (assuming you’re not using power) since we’re locked into the rate and 40’ minimum…

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Alright folks, the Bahia Mar Marina has their reservations open for that weekend. Just made mine - $132.68. Should be the same for everyone (assuming you’re not using power) since we’re locked into the rate and 40’ minimum…
Awesome, I will make my reservation today! I will be staying Friday and Saturday, so mine will be double.

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome, I will make my reservation today! I will be staying Friday and Saturday, so mine will be double.
It will be more than double. I asked about reserving a spot for Friday since we still aren't 100% on our travel plans. The lady told me that the month of June falls under a different price and if I remember correctly she said $4.60 a Ft. still 40ft minimum. I told here I'd keep the boat on the trailer. Lol

Also, when filling out the docu-sign to reserve our slip there was a question about parking. I called and questioned it. The lady said that they allow truck/trailer parking overnight, but it is through the hotel. I called to verify this with the hotel and the lady I spoke to said that they do allow this but you pay for a parking spot for the boat and trailer. She told me to call the valet manager tomorrow to confirm with them and to get pricing. I'll update everyone when I get an answer.

Last edited:

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It will be more than double. I asked about reserving a spot for Friday since we still aren't 100% on our travel plans. The lady told me that the month of June falls under a different price and if I remember correctly she said $4.60 a Ft. still 40ft minimum. I told here I'd keep the boat on the trailer. Lol

Also, when feeling out the docu-sign to reserve our slip there was a question about parking. I called and questioned it and the she told .e that they allow truck/trailer parking overnight. I called to verify this with the hotel and they lady I spoke to said that they do allow this but you pay for a parking spot for the boat and trailer. She told me to call the valet manager tomorrow to confirm with them and to get pricing. I'll update everyone when I get an answer.
It didn’t occur to me to ask about it but I believe last time they didn’t allow any parking if you weren’t at the hotel. That being said, things have changed since then so maybe we get lucky…

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$4.25 at Bimini Cove sent 30’ min. As of 5/18/2023
How was your experience at BC? I believe all of us are on north island this trip.

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It didn’t occur to me to ask about it but I believe last time they didn’t allow any parking if you weren’t at the hotel. That being said, things have changed since then so maybe we get lucky…
Just spoke to valet at Bahia Mar and was told they do allow overnight parking, but it is $45 per spot. Truck is 1 spot, trailer is 1 spot - $90 per night.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just spoke to valet at Bahia Mar and was told they do allow overnight parking, but it is $45 per spot. Truck is 1 spot, trailer is 1 spot - $90 per night.
Too steep for me, but our options may end up being limited...guess we'll find out. On another note apparently there will be a cruise ship in port every day but the 3rd and the 5th - also less than ideal...

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ended up going with the Garmin ECHOMAP UHD2 74cv. I went with the four series to get the BlueCharts. The GPS Store had them on sale for $369.

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Also, when filling out the docu-sign to reserve our slip there was a question about parking. I called and questioned it. The lady said that they allow truck/trailer parking overnight, but it is through the hotel. I called to verify this with the hotel and the lady I spoke to said that they do allow this but you pay for a parking spot for the boat and trailer. She told me to call the valet manager tomorrow to confirm with them and to get pricing. I'll update everyone when I get an answer.
June 30 was $184 and July 1 was $124.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was going to work on my cruising permit today through Click2Clear for Bahamas Customs. I found this video:
That video and it’s follow up is pretty much the easiest way to work through it. Mines been on pause for the last few weeks cuz my registrations on the boat lol.

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just heard that Harbour Towne Marina is still doing overnight truck/trailer parking. $20 a day.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, I am trying to get there by noon on Friday.
Ya, I asked about it and he said there’s not likely to be any by Saturday but gonna have to roll the dice on hopefully finding a spot when someone leaves for the day.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Important shipment arrived yesterday. IMG_2893.jpeg