• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini July 2nd-8th 2023

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine is not permanent. I had several extra cup holders, so just ran the coax through the drip hole to get into the hull. I will just remove it after the crossing. I am traveling this week. I will send pics when get back to the house on Friday.

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
All depends on how temporary you consider temporary lol. I bought this mount which clamps to a pole and has the cable running from the bottom of it. I drilled through the hull and put a gasket around it to be permanent but obviously not necessary.[/QOTE]

I think/hope I found something that will work. I found a post on here last night while searching for the other one. I ordered the part from Amazon today. Honestly, I will probably just zip tie the antenna wire to my tower. 🤷‍♂️

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine is not permanent. I had several extra cup holders, so just ran the coax through the drip hole to get into the hull. I will just remove it after the crossing. I am traveling this week. I will send pics when get back to the house on Friday.
I like that option. Never thought about that. Send me pictures when you get home.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Quick update as it pertains to clearing customs upon entry: Just confirmed with Resorts World that there will be a customs officer at the Fishermans Village Marina on 7/2 until 4:30pm. Those of us that have a slip in Fishermans can dock in our spot and walk in, those of us that don't can dock at the seaplane base on the south side and do the same. I'll confirm on Friday that he'll be there, but this will avoid us having to stop at Bimini Big Game on the way in.Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 12.53.58 PM.png

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Appreciate it! I know you've been busy testing out those new scooters!! I found a mount similar to my big air flag mount that fits around my tower. I took the antenna mount apart and screwed it into that. I was able to mount it at the top of the tower with the antenna coming out the opening for the light on the canopy.

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Appreciate it! I know you've been busy testing out those new scooters!! I found a mount similar to my big air flag mount that fits around my tower. I took the antenna mount apart and screwed it into that. I was able to mount it at the top of the tower with the antenna coming out the opening for the light on the canopy.
That is exactly what I did. I used the same mount has my flag mount and then retro fitted the QC to it. My dremel had a time with those stainless steel center bolts!

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey everyone - it sounds like most everybody is generally prepped, but just wanted to share my list of boat specific items to pack in case anything jogs ppl’s memory (some are copies from the Bimini master thread).

Garmin inreach/charger
Handheld vhf and earpiece
8’ antenna
Battery jump pack
Battery charger
Gas tanks
Siphon/nozzle
Ratchet straps
Flags (Bahamas courtesy and yellow quarantine)
Tube ball and pump (for under bow cover if needed)
Boat covers
Scuba Gear
Cash
Squid
Paperwork
Passports

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Departing at 8 from Bahia Mar tomorrow, looks like we should have a solid weather window.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bon Voyage!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've been watching. Looks like they're almost there [flag]

I'd love to trailer my boat down there and do this someday.
Just a nudge… tomorrow is not guaranteed.. take the trip! No time like the present to make the prep to your boat.

EastonRob

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just a nudge… tomorrow is not guaranteed.. take the trip! No time like the present to make the prep to your boat.
True! We have the time and we have the means. But we also have some family considerations. One day ;)

Look forward to hearing about the trip, svana!

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All in all a fairly uneventful crossing, 3h from Bahia Mar to Fisherman’s Village including a break midway - a few hiccups along the way but thankfully nothing major. Looks like I was the sargassum magnet this time - got nailed twice but think I was the only one. I’d say the weather was 2-3x better than last time we crossed over in ‘21, as usual the first half being a little rougher than the second. I’ll say that fisherman’s village marina is nice, but seemingly as most things are here in Bimini, the reservation system is super screwy and @Jahall812 and I ended up paying more (and less lol) than originally anticipated. Unfortunately not our first time experiencing it and likely not our last.
One positive that Bimini Cove has over Resorts World is the proximity from the docks to the units. Naturally it started dumping rain on us as we were unloading but got one of the local gents to run our stuff on their golf cart (no charge, but tipped him a $20 for hauling a weeks worth of food, clothes, dive gear, 10gal fuel, etc). We did find out that the bellhops at Hilton will drive you and your things out/back to your slip though - we’ll be sure to take advantage of that as well. Rooms are very nice (although pricey - we probably would’ve gotten one of the condos if we didn’t have enough points saved up), building is deceivingly large lol. I’m sure we’ll be spending plenty of time at the pool bar as well.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to hear you made it and didn’t take an absolute beating like we did last time.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Heading back, hopefully the weather cooperates.