• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - July 20-25

JayZ2012

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wanted to start a separate thread from the early interest one to see if anyone else is interested in putting a group together for these dates. It will be my first time crossing so I'm hoping at least one veteran will be interested in joining us on these dates. I have no problem socializing the crossing and working out any details on rates, etc to ease the workload if someone else who's made the crossing will step up and lead that part. I think it was swatski that said that it can be unnerving when you lose sight of land. That is probably my biggest concern- just following the GPS line on the chart.

I'm planning on arriving in FL on the 19th, cross on the 20th, and return on the 25th. Launch at Harbour Towne, stay at Bahia Mar. Then in Bimini I'm booked at Bimini Sands (AirBNB).

About Me: I've owned boats for about 20 years, and have a 2012 AR240. I'll be driving down from middle TN with my brother and our two daughters (Wives are flying and then taking the ferry).

I'll keep this post updated with those interested/confirmed/booked. (Post mostly copied from ifly4fun - thx!)

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Jay, I have made two crossings. I sold my Yamaha and got a 26 foot center with twins. We have a group I crossed with in the past. I am hoping we all get together again, if not I am open to crossing with you around those dates. I need to coordinate with my comrades to find out who is defiantly in. I usually stay 6-9 days. I figure if I am towing that far, I might as well stay longer. I am considering a trip with a group to the Exumas. If I do that, I will not make a Bimini run till 2021. I will know more soon. Keep you posted... also I tow from Atlanta Ga

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We are heading to the exumas the 17th and returning on the 25th. We will be in Bimini the 23-24

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are heading to the exumas the 17th and returning on the 25th. We will be in Bimini the 23-24
Jay, what port are you leaving from in FL? Do you plan on making the run in one day or arriving in Exumas the 18th, with an over night stay in Nassau, How many boats are going? Any interest in leaving the 16th?

JayZ2012

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds good- maybe we'll see you in Bimini - and could cruise back to FL together on the 25th.

MakingMemories

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found you on here Jay. We are leaving St. louis Thursday July 16th after work heading to Summerfield FL. Dropping off some kids and picking up our wives. We reserved a house on VRBO they wont release the actual address for 141 more days. Our reservations are the 20th26th. Plan on crossing the morning of the 20th. I'm not sure if we can change our dates., but to cross in a group, we can be flexible. Keep us in mind for further planning.

JayZ2012

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found you on here Jay. We are leaving St. louis Thursday July 16th after work heading to Summerfield FL. Dropping off some kids and picking up our wives. We reserved a house on VRBO they wont release the actual address for 141 more days. Our reservations are the 20th26th. Plan on crossing the morning of the 20th. I'm not sure if we can change our dates., but to cross in a group, we can be flexible. Keep us in mind for further planning.
Sounds good. I'm more concerned about the trip to the Bahamas and staying with someone. I figure I can hit FL by heading west at the end of the week. :) Lets connect closer to July and coordinate our crossing to Bimini.

I've added Navionics, a Garmin GPS, and a VHF radio with a 4 foot antenna already.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you haven't booked the Bahia Mar hotel yet, your might want to start figuring out other options. I just looked to book a room for Sunday, June 21st and there is nothing available. I checked flexible days and found Fri and Sat check-ins also with no availability. I'm guessing they have a convention that weekend, maybe when it gets closer to when you need a room something will come available.

I'm still figuring out exactly what we will be doing for accommodation but I will probably stay somewhere within 30 minutes or so of Harbour Towne, launch Monday morning and then head over to Bimini.

1581276512114.png

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Check in to Fort Lauderdale Hilton Marina. A little closer to inlet. Just not nearly as many slips as Bahia Mar

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My family planned a crossing in June. We cancelled our trip. Based on feed back begin received that 7/1 Bimini re-opens leisure travel, I plan on joining this crossing. We may cross on the 19th instead of the 20th. WIth the status of Bimini Cover being up in the air....I am booking RW......I think

I want access to a pool at night

JayZ2012

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've cancelled my plans for Bimini for this year and released the reservation at Bimini Cove (AirBnb). :(