• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - June 21-28th

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
there is a motel 6 about a mile south of harbor town. 65$ ish a night and has double parking in the back for multiple truck and trailers especially if you got there at same time and worked as a team. Always down for saving money!
I would NOT recommend staying at that Motel 6 unless you are prepared for that type of seriously BUDGET hotel. Linoleum floors, plexiglass security at the reception desk etc.
While we were there, a person drove their car into one of the first floor rooms (drunk). Stay at your own risk.

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
so far everything I’ve booked including vrbo has no refund restrictions due to covid
Bruce, I can get a refund due to COVID. However, I have been working with my owner and he has availability to move my dates to 7/18-25...if Bimini is not open by 7/10, I would request a refund.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Kevin Sargent @robert843 I found a vrbo I can make work for 7/18-25. Anyone else in the group interested in switching to these dates?

Kevin, you mentioned the cost of bahia mar - might check their rates now, they were about 1/2 what they were 6mo ago pre-covid.

Should I start another thread with these dates or is there already one setup?
I have already booked a house in Staniel Cay Exuma checking in the 18th I have a group of four boats heading out there pending of everything opens up. I booked the same house I did last year Incase I can get @Andy S to change his mind and join my crew for the trip lol.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have already booked a house in Staniel Cay Exuma checking in the 18th I have a group of four boats heading out there pending of everything opens up. I booked the same house I did last year Incase I can get @Andy S to change his mind and join my crew for the trip lol.
Forgive my ignorance, but that crossing you still head to bimini first correct? so I could tag along for the leg?

Saltydog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would NOT recommend staying at that Motel 6 unless you are prepared for that type of seriously BUDGET hotel. Linoleum floors, plexiglass security at the reception desk etc.
While we were there, a person drove their car into one of the first floor rooms (drunk). Stay at your own risk.
Yikes!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Forgive my ignorance, but that crossing you still head to bimini first correct? so I could tag along for the leg?
Yes we will come with in a few miles of Bimini. the smallest boat in my crew is 30 ft so we maybe moving at a different pace but we will be out there if you have any issues. We don't plan to stop in Bimini right now we plan to go straight to Nassau. If you get out a little before we do you should be with in radio range of us the whole time.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, did you buy a boat? I am curious what you decided on.
he got a new boat? Wasn’t he out on his AR240 in early May! @robert843has two boats now ? Maybe the 30 footer is for business ( YouTube that is:p)

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With great sadness and disappointment, I officially cancelled Bimini for 2020. After discussing the situation with my family, the best choice for our vacation planning is to stay in the US 2020. I plan on booking the week of July 4th in Destin FL. Crab Island will be a blast! Anyone interested in hanging out, I will be more than happy to share my dates and reservations, once I get everything booked. For 2021, I want to make a run to the exumas or Abacos. I will start planning that trip mid Aug 2020 for July 2021. Cheers!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843, did you buy a boat? I am curious what you decided on.
Not yet but @Betik is on the correct path I'm working on a deal on a Sea Hunt Gamefish 30 and plan to keep the Yamaha as well at this time. The Yamaha fits us to good as an everyday boat so we will keep it and see how the other boat feels and the other boat just maybe used for some longer trips for the near future.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, did you see the picture of the Yamaha SR330 in the US? Not a jet but the size range you are looking for. The Japanese market boats are very nicely outfitted.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843, did you see the picture of the Yamaha SR330 in the US? Not a jet but the size range you are looking for. The Japanese market boats are very nicely outfitted.
I did it’s a slick looking boat

Jack Long

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
he got a new boat? Wasn’t he out on his AR240 in early May! @robert843has two boats now ? Maybe the 30 footer is for business ( YouTube that is:p)
My wife and I just purchased a 45ft Power Catamaran for the same reason! LOL

We are keeping the Yamaha but want to stay longer and have our own ammenties.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I am being price out of this discussion. I will go enjoy my bare bone ski that is hooked up on my Toyota Prius :banghead:
do you not still have your boat?

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Cancelled all our Bimini reservations and alternatively booked Orange Beach, AL for the same dates...June 20-27. Staying on the water at Phoenix on the Bay II in Terry Cove and have a slip reserved there (viewable from condo) for the week.

Quick access to Robinson Island, Bird Island, not too far from Johnson Beach. Plenty of food, libations, and even some live music by boat: Florabama Yacht Club, Pirates Cove, Pleasure Island Tiki Bar, The Anchor, Tacky Jacks, Cobalt, and Fischer's to name a few. Depending on time we may even try to hit Lu'lu's or someplace at the Wharf.

If anyone will be there that week PM me. Otherwise hope to be headed to Bimini about the same time next year.

Chaunceybland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I will be at Phoenix on the Bay II July 7-12 for baseball. Decided not to take the boat, but we are also looking into a Bimini trip next June/July. Maybe we can stay in touch and make the trip Ft. Lauderdale a caravan! Enjoy Orange Beach!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well damn this trip could have happened. Boaters allowed back June 15th.