• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2016 Potluck and Party at Honeymoon Harbor

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
June 21st ~ Noon Pot Luck / Party at Honeymoon Harbor, Gun Cay Bahamas. This beautiful location is 9.1 miles south of Bimini Sands. There are many locations to explore along the way including an airplane wreck, the Sapona, Turtle Rocks and a lighthouse a little further south. The rays are friendly so be sure to bring squid or other suitable food to feed them. You can view the route at http://tinyurl.com/hb556av or download it from http://tinyurl.com/jaaggpl . If water conditions or fuel availability make this destination undesirable we will change the location to the beaches on the North East or North West sides of North Bimini Island.

In the past everyone has brought their own drinks, plates and silverware and a dish to share. Some bring meat to go along with the ham while others bring chips, fruit, veggies, pasta salad, etc. Most bring something that is special or native to their home.

Last year we had so much fun that everyone went back to Honeymoon Harbor again later in the week.

My family will bring local ham from Arkansas.

@latitudeadjuster, @Majorsmackdown, @Manchild, @shane hric, @swatski and @zedxmike, @chris24 and @MrMoose, @ACrews, @Glen, @javi, @Kevin Sargent and @wadeup, @ThatJeepGuy, @Augusto David Rodriguez, @BgTravis, @Jim Hernandez, @Jr15g and @SFThoen, @tim h, @veedubtek, @DieselCamel
@Rob Schultz
@Rana

Last edited:

BgTravis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hello! I'm Garett's wife, Blair. Super excited to meet everyone! What could be better than a potluck on the beach, right?

If you could post on this thread what you plan on bringing that would be great! Get together with your crew and discuss. I'm already hungry thinking about it ;).

We will be bringing lamb burger sliders (straight off the farm), guacamole dip and cucumber salad!

Last edited:

SFThoen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How much food do you bring so I can plan something?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My guesstimate is that 24 boats, 81 adults and 31 children will be in Bimini at that time. I plan to bring around 40 pounds of ham. But with 24 boats coming it does not make sense for everyone to bring enough for everyone.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We typically plan on serving 8-10, not everyone will sample what you bring especially with as large of a group as there is this year.

BgTravis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We plan on bringing enough food for 10 people. I would say, bring enough side items to feed the people on your boat and a handful more :)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last year I brought 5# of Carolina Bbq and I wound sending @Andy S home with about a pound to give everyone an idea of consumption. I seem to remember the beverages flowing a lot faster then the food ;)

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My crew will be bringing Indian (Eastern Indian...the dot not the feather) food. Paratha's and another dish! We'll cook the Paratha's on the grill from the back of the boat! I might be making some Red White and Blue Sangria!! I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS TRIP!!! :winkingthumbsup"

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pierogi, anyone?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don't forget the frozen squid for the Rays!!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don't forget the frozen squid for the Rays!!
I like to thaw it so they do not break their teeth!

Any chance of you and your son flying over to join us? We would love to have you!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would love to but I don't think I could if I wanted to, due to no passport for the little guy.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pierogi, anyone?
Fresh pierogi its been years since I have had some damn I'm not getting there till Wednesday. @Bruce cant we change this till Thursday lol!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would love to but I don't think I could if I wanted to, due to no passport for the little guy.
You still have time to get one. You have to pay to expedite but you can get one in a week at some centers or even a day in an emergency.

Fresh pierogi its been years since I have had some damn I'm not getting there till Wednesday. @Bruce cant we change this till Thursday lol!
It is all mine!!!