• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2017 Arrival Rum Delivery

Would you like a bottle of rum delivered to your boat on arrival?

• Coconut (one bottle) [Silver Medal Winning]

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Coconut (two bottles) [Silver Medal Winning]

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Gold (one bottle)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Gold (two bottles)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Light (straight rum) [Bronze Medal Winning]

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Dark (straight rum)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 151 (straight rum) [Silver Medal Winning]

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Pineapple

• Banana [Gold medal winning]

• Mango

• Total voters

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Doyle who operates a store and golf card rental on South Bimini is offering to bring Bahmian Ricardo rum to us at our docks on arrival. Pricing is yet to be worked out but I would guess around $12 for Gold and $15 for flavored rums. The coconut variety is a strong favorite. The coconut is 60 proof and is enjoyable to drink over ice. The gold is 80 proof and most will want to mix it with something. We will be able to buy rum for less later in the trip but this is a nice way to get a bottle of the local rum without heading to North Bimini. If you are interested please select your preferred option(s) below. I will post actual pricing and confirm everyones intent to proceed before placing our order.

You can read a little more about these rums at http://www.burnshouse.com/brand/2/ricardo_rum.html

@tim h, @JROD, @chris24, @MrMoose, @Valerie, @ClemsonTiger, @Glen, @JKallay, @Kevin Sargent, @swatski, @ThatJeepGuy, @Amar Nanduri, @Betik, @Bill D, @blacksapphirez, @Bryan Martini, @DiverB, @Drift Away, @Edgar Almonte, @fromrio, @GMAN2015, @jaburt, @jayasaki138, @Julian, @LOZBum, @NorgaR01, @Rick215HO, @Rob9550, @Speedling, @wallercerb, @Water Girl

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I noticed this site has reviews on some of the options

https://www.rumratings.com/brands/722-ricardo-coconut

I would add that I have tried the Dark and Mango and did not care for them. The flavor of the dark was too strong to me and the mango was too sweet but others may love them.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Coconut rum, mango rum, pineapple juice and a splash of grenadine.... so good!

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Cherry or grape for me if they have that please

Mix with water and crystal light.....fruit punch at its finest!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cherry or grape for me if they have that please

Mix with water and crystal light.....fruit punch at its finest!
I listed all the Ricardo flavors. You will need to search Booze and Screws and Butler and Sands for other flavors.

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're in for the coconut rum, please

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We're in for the coconut rum, please
Please select Coconut in the poll at the top of the thread. It is an easy way for me to keep count.

19 bottles so far. We may be having quite the arrival party!

Emma

Jet Boat Addict
Junior JetBoater
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Doyle who operates a store and golf card rental on South Bimini is offering to bring Bahmian Ricardo rum to us at our docks on arrival. Pricing is yet to be worked out but I would guess around $12 for Gold and $15 for flavored rums. The coconut variety is a strong favorite. The coconut is 60 proof and is enjoyable to drink over ice. The gold is 80 proof and most will want to mix it with something. We will be able to buy rum for less later in the trip but this is a nice way to get a bottle of the local rum without heading to North Bimini. If you are interested please select your preferred option(s) below. I will post actual pricing and confirm everyones intent to proceed before placing our order.

You can read a little more about these rums at http://www.burnshouse.com/brand/2/ricardo_rum.html

@tim h, @JROD, @chris24, @MrMoose, @Valerie, @ClemsonTiger, @Glen, @JKallay, @Kevin Sargent, @swatski, @ThatJeepGuy, @Amar Nanduri, @Betik, @Bill D, @blacksapphirez, @Bryan Martini, @DiverB, @Drift Away, @Edgar Almonte, @fromrio, @GMAN2015, @jaburt, @jayasaki138, @Julian, @LOZBum, @NorgaR01, @Rick215HO, @Rob9550, @Speedling, @wallercerb, @Water Girl
Really dad @Bruce

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some person whose identity shall remain unknown just reminded me of rum!!!!
How is our "welcome to Bimini" fluid looking like? I think we will be dehydrated upon arrival?

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are there laws about bringing in Beer?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
that much beer for one week?
I don't wanna be a snob...but let's use the word "beer" lightly while referring to that stuff in the yellow boxes!:D

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2 different kinds of beer. "Boat beer", and "Good beer". We took boat beer :p

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Personally I do not believe that beer and Bahamian Rum should be mentioned in the same sentence. It is simply unfair to the beer.

For those that must have beer buy one of the flavored rums for $12 a liter, keep it in the fridge and drink it like an oversized beer. Either that or drink Kalik which is a reasonable replacement for lemonade.

For those with seafearing pride, simply buy the gold rum by the case and add a mixer when you are feeling like drinking something weak. You can also use it as medicine, for cooking and for starting fires.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can also use it as medicine, for cooking and for starting fires.
what is the legal drinking age in Bimini. Thinking to use it as rubbing alcohol in case he gets bitten by local mosquito. Local insect; local remedy. I think I am up to something here. LOL

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
what is the legal drinking age in Bimini.
There is no minimum age for internal medical (cough syrup) and topical use. I have heard of kids as young as 14 in the Bimini bars on their own.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: