• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini coverage SX 195 vs AR 195

JayB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Curious which model provides the most shade protection. Traditional bimini vs tower bimini.
Thanks
Jay

Only have the SX195, but my Bimini top really provides quite a bit of shade all the way around. Easy to fold up and store too.
9DE2443D-7A62-4D84-B32E-7798AE1F9CE1.jpeg05E94127-2BD0-4EFB-B1B6-0AA5DFAE83AF.jpeg

Here's bimini coverage on an AR190. Looks very similar in terms of fore/aft distance covered. I'm 6'2" tall and can walk under mine without hitting my head.

That's NOT me in the picture, just to be clear :D
1677514663759.png

If you still want MORE coverage. Yamaha sold these for awhile. It's absurdly large, and an absurd PIA to deploy/stow, especially on the water.
1677514742843.png

We use this a lot instead. AnchorShade II from Taylormade. Somewhat easy to deploy and stow, and doesn't take much space on board when stowed. Also really helps if you get caught in the rain. You can deploy this between the windshield and the bimini, then point the nose into the wind and it'll keep MOST of the rain off you.
1677514985666.png

Anchorshade also works great as a beach umbrella with one of those screw in sand spike things, and a cooler and beach bag as tie downs on the windward corners. Nevermind the dummy and his kid in the foreground. You can see the umbrella tied off to the cooler back there.
1677515081964.png

This is my first boat with a tower. I'll never own a boat without one in the future. Unless you have bridge clearance you have to deal with on a VERY regular basis, then there really is little downside to owning the tower, and TONS of upsides to it. Little more cost on initial purchase, but you get that back in resale both in terms of cash and quickness of sale. It's just such a handy piece of the boat it's hard to explain.

I post this picture a lot, but I think it really outlines a bunch of the usage of the tower :D :D
1677515252269.png

That extended Yamaha cover is huge! Taylor Made not too bad either. Got a chuckle looking at the baby in the swing!
Thanks!
Jay

I opted for the non tower and the port captain chair hence the SX not the AR. I figured I had no use for the tower, and personally still never needed it. I am also 6’2” and can easily walk under mine as well. For looks, the top on the AR and 195s is better looking than my non color matched factory Bimini, but does the trick as intended.

Back