• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Expenses

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Someone asked what to expect. This is pretty much what we spent (minus the conch shack and the bar on north bimini). This does not include fuel for the tow vehicle, as that's going to vary based on where you're located.

$2100 - Bimini Sands condo for 5 nights
$350 - Food and drink for the week (we brought everything, and we ate good. 9 cases of shandy, multiple cases of lady drinks and mixers. Eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns every morning. Artisan brats. Steaks. We ate good.
$150 - hotel room saturday night in lauderdale
$235 - Bahia Mar sunday night in lauderdale
$40 - slip @ bahia mar
$700 - boat fuel from beginning til end. $300/tank in Bimini this year.
$100 Golf cart rental on north bimini
$5/day for ice
$175 for a boat of 4 to clear customs in bimini ($150 min., add $25/person over 3)

2 couples, we spent a grand total of almost exactly $4000. We never ate out except a conch salad once to try it.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spent $600 round trip on fuel for my truck.. 950 miles each way..

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
From MD I spent around $760 on truck gas round trip, getting between 9-11 MPG last year. We spent ~$4700 on everything (including truck and boat gas) but excluding food/alcohol and misc activities on the island.

We had 5 people.

Capture.JPG

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn! $1000/day for that trip.........

zedxmike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We spent just under $3000 for everything for 2 of us. Well worth every dollar.

Huskerjetboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$200 a day per person doesn't seem outrageous for such a nice trip.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just under $4000 for us. We live only 2.5 hours from Ft. Lauderdale and I used my hotel points for BahiaMar.

I would think $750-1000 a day is a good estimate

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was about 3000 for all. That's two adults and a 7 year old. I expected more I had originally guessed about 4500 but had also planned to eat out most nights and we only ate out twice both at the petite conch onsite and both meals were less then 40

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It's a little more affordable if two families share a condo...
That's typically what we have done in the past.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Team, if it was easy and cheap there would not be any room for us in Bimini. ;-) Epic, awesome trip! To me worth every dollar & then some! Just wished we stayed longer. ;-)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We stayed 6 extra days. The additional cost was less than $400 per day for our family of four excluding a couple of meals that we chose to eat out. That breaks down to approximately $50 a day in fuel, $50 a day for groceries we brought from the U.S., $40 a day for the slip and the remainder for the condo.

I should caveat this with the facts that staying longer meant that we were coming home alone and that we needed to time our return for good weather. We could have needed to return earlier or stay longer waiting for good water condtions.

We originally planned to return on the 20th. I was unable to extend our original reservation due to difficulty getting Bimini Sands to respond. So I rented another condo directly from the owner that was available until the 17th. We had near perfect water forecast for the 17th with the seas building afterward. So I decided to return on the 17th instead of looking for additional lodging.

Last edited:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have been watching closely, crunching numbers etc and it keeps coming out to around 1K per person for a group of 4. We have already began saving etc. and I am buying parts for my winter projects on the boat. As soon as you guys settle on a date we will be reserving our rooms etc. Of all things my dad is looking forward to the pot luck. He cooks a mean brisket! We also talked about making this an annual trip and also reminessed about our trips to the keys we used to take and may end up planning a trip for that the following year... will have to see how the Bimini run works out. :)

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Awesome guys! We are really debating bringing our older two kids. They will be 6 and 4 at time of crossing. Obviously if weather isn't perfect that will put them into the ferry and cost rises a bit. I am saving about $4000 due to the 1300 mile drive from Chicagoland. Trying to split a condo to reduce cost but both couples interested backed out due to pregnancy.
I hope to fish a little and have a meal from that but we will probably eat out at night. Now I gotta decision to make on those kids because no one seems to be jumping up to take them for a week.
I got some upgrading to do first anyways!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Speedling, eating out at night will significantly increase your cost and control your evening activities. We are out three times during our 12 day stay this year. We ate out for one dinner and one lunch during the 2014 trip.

I would bring your kids, especially if you only plan to come once. Emma and Gavin were 7 and 4 last year. They enjoyed the trip. It was a great learning and growth experience for them. They did well in the rough water and have been in rougher water. I would be more concerned about having alternate plans for adults who have back issues or are scared of rough water.

Here are some menus that I took pictures of during the trip.

Small's Deli is north of Bimini Sands beside Booze and Screws. It is take out only about a third of a mile north of the Bimini Sands office. You would have to walk or golf cart to it but it is the most economical take out option.

Bimini Twist, Island Sushi and Mackey's are at the Bimini Beach Club at the south end of South Bimini. You can take a bus or golf cart to them.

The Petite Conch is at Bimini Sands and is open until 9 PM. I believe pricing is higher than Mackey's. I wish I had taken a picture of their menu.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg