• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini July 2021

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would have guessed that if Port Everglades was worse in terms of wave/current/tide action that there would be lots of videos taken there too.....but it seems Haulover is the favorite spot.....is that because of the nearby beach and bikinis perhaps??? LOL

I've only used Port Everglades 3 times, but it was never flowing like I've seen in the Haulover videos!!! I suspect Port Everglades is a LOT deeper to handle the cruise ships....thus the flow isn't as strong.
Idk
Every time I come in PE from the south as I turn Left that channel always makes me check twice.

It is deep and wider than GC I think but haulover for me is easy as GC.

Key biscayne is definitely the easiest and most direct to ocean.

bryan03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It may be the videos of Haulover that make me second guess it.

ididntdoit

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would have guessed that if Port Everglades was worse in terms of wave/current/tide action that there would be lots of videos taken there too.....but it seems Haulover is the favorite spot.....is that because of the nearby beach and bikinis perhaps??? LOL

I've only used Port Everglades 3 times, but it was never flowing like I've seen in the Haulover videos!!! I suspect Port Everglades is a LOT deeper to handle the cruise ships....thus the flow isn't as strong.

Yup.....Port Everglades averages 40 feet deep, while Haulover is only 12 feet deep. I suspect that makes a huge difference in the waves and flow.
Just need to avoid it on any outgoing tide - came in on plane last week in my 21'er at slack tide - my wife waived to the cameras - been through dozens of times at incoming or slack tides - no drama

JJRN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone headed to Bimini In July? Also looking to go for 5 nights and not a full week.
I am looking to go on my jet ski. Went 4 years ago for a week on my jet boat .

Andrew C.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We are leaving out of Port Everglades this Saturday (7/24) if anyone is interested in going along. Shooting for 6:30 am from Harbour Towne Marina.