• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini on 2014 AR190

Spooling

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was wondering if my Bimini top is setup right. The poles at the front are extendable and mine need to be at the extended setting to be able to have the Bimini out. It seems a bit lose though. If unzip the two side zippers at the rear of the Bimini I can shorten the front two poles and the top seems much more snug. How do you guys have your Bimini setup?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Zip up the zippers while everything is loose.

Then

Pull down on the poles in front until the detents snap into the top holes. Your Bimini top should be as tight as a drum.

Spooling

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks!

I pulled down the front and was able to latch it in. It is definitely tight like a drum now! Thank you!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:winkingthumbsup"

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Make sure when you pull down in the front that the top is centered on the forward bar. As your top ages you'll end up with a stress hole if you don't. :mad:

Spooling

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will check! Thanks for the tip

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just put the Bimini on our 2014 AR190 for the first time (for us) and it was really hard to get it fully extended. I had to pretty much pull with all my might. Felt like seams would rip. I could eventually get it and it was then tight as a drum. Does this seem right?

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just put the Bimini on our 2014 AR190 for the first time (for us) and it was really hard to get it fully extended. I had to pretty much pull with all my might. Felt like seams would rip. I could eventually get it and it was then tight as a drum. Does this seem right?
Yes, that is how it should be. As you use it more it will stretch slightly and get a little easier, but it should be super tight and take some considerable effort to pull down into place.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Be careful. I pulled mine tight and I got a hole. So I had it patched for $20 and drilled another adjustment hole.