• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini on tower

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think I actually did take those. I will find them and get those uploaded. I find it fairly easy so hopefully what I have can help. Been a bit away with the new baby.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@RodK - see the attached picture. Remove the pin inside the black circle (both sides). Also remove the pin inside the orange circle and slide out the support and fold it inside the zipper. Once you have all 3 pins and support removed, fold back the front of the bimini over the tower to meet up with the back side of the bimini. Once it's folded back, roll it up and stuff it into the zippered bimini cover that should have come with the boat. Hope this helps some.

Attachments

mHoups

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The problem I have is opening it, the back needs a lot of force to get the pin to pop in the hole. The second issue is the pipe rolls and the hole doesn't line up. I looked at the top, where the wakeboard rope goes, the top is jammed against it with a ton of space behind it. Any suggestions?

Bret

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The problem I have is opening it, the back needs a lot of force to get the pin to pop in the hole. The second issue is the pipe rolls and the hole doesn't line up. I looked at the top, where the wakeboard rope goes, the top is jammed against it with a ton of space behind it. Any suggestions?
Take some snapshots what your talking about mHoups so we an understand your issue - thanks

Seabee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@RodK - see the attached picture. Remove the pin inside the black circle (both sides). Also remove the pin inside the orange circle and slide out the support and fold it inside the zipper. Once you have all 3 pins and support removed, fold back the front of the bimini over the tower to meet up with the back side of the bimini. Once it's folded back, roll it up and stuff it into the zippered bimini cover that should have come with the boat. Hope this helps some.
Have you had any issues trailering with the Bimini retracted and covered with the zippered case?

Seabee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Does yours have that small flap with the Velcro edge right below that post opening? Can't figure what it's for.it just dangles there.

Seabee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Interesting, my 2017 Bimini doesn't have that bar you have circled in yellow. Must have modified the Bimini for this year.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Have you had any issues trailering with the Bimini retracted and covered with the zippered case?
No, it trailers just fine with it secured in the case.

Interesting, my 2017 Bimini doesn't have that bar you have circled in yellow. Must have modified the Bimini for this year.
Apparently they did change the bimini for 2017. There was some discussion about it on the Facebook page. Have you found us there yet? Chaparral Vortex Boat Owners Group.

Seabee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Well it looks like I can stow it forward or aft of the tower. Aft and it's low, almost hit your head on it and it would interfere with the tow rope. Forward, it's high enough unless you're over 6" tall.

Attachments

Hudson125

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
No...mine has one support on the front. But I did figure it out. Seems like everything on this boat is trial and error.
Purchased a 2015 203, I also have one support on the front, can't figure out how this connects.....