• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini replacement

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey Ga folks...

Got a 2014 242LS with original Bimini top and believe last year was its last season. Has Anyone replaced theirs with a local shop vs ordering an OEM?

I would much rahter get it from a local(GA) person vs ordering another from Yamaha.

Thanks!!

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Well, not much biting on this subject and couldn't find anyone in the area. So, I ended up buying OEM from Partzilla. They have the bimini and cover on sale right now so I bit the bullet and bought. 2014 Original lasted a solid 8yrs. Fabric is still good but stitching and wind damge on the cover are the weak links.

Hoping for Another 8yrs.

Cheers' Y'all

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Let us know the level of effort it is to remove and replace. This is on my list…

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Oh, it’s not that difficult. I’ve taken it off before and washed and sprayed with 303 before. Just a few screws.

Now, I don’t do that every year.. just maybe 2xs to scrub and clean but I can’t remember being frustrated or pissed at the process.

Ill Let ya know exactly when I replace it with the new one.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@VitaminSea

Sorry for the late reply...just been so busy and finally got time to get the boat ready and replace the bimini. It takes about 10min to remove and replace with the new one.

Just pick a side and remove the only 2 screws for the frame. Don't worry about the bracket(s) that dont have a screw. Pull the old bimini off the rear crossbar and then do the same with main cross bar. The sleeve of the bimini will easily slide of the braket that is still attached to the frame so dont stress about removing.

Make sure you have the new bimini oriented right and slide it on the crossbars and then screw the 2 connections back together. Simple as that.

10min tops.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback. Does your boat have a “4 bow” Bimini? I am struggling to see how it would be that simple.

If it is, it certainly more cost effective to purchase the OEM Bimini vs going the custom route.

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought one last fall from Partzilla, it was cheaper then having a shop redo it (from at least what I found).

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@VitaminSea Give me till later today and I'll get you some pix. Mine does not have the "bow" bimini...

Partzilla was super simple...bought it and with regualr shipping it was in my garage in 3days.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@VitaminSea Sorry been a crazy week. Here ya go. Let me know if this helps.

So here are a few pix of the new bimini and frame. There really are only 2 screws to remove and then slide the old bimini off and then slide the new one on, put the 2 screws back in and boom you are done. 10min's top. Like I mentioned before, the metal fastener/bracket will stay afixed on the frame and the sleeve just slides over it. Just make sure you have the bimini oriented correctly.

14F4A00E-CA9F-4444-AD20-3702B0DA870E.jpeg5AEB53C3-4C91-4751-9CEF-75CEB02190D1.jpeg27634A82-D3C6-4382-9459-257BD703FC1D.jpeg6584B03A-EFAA-4BB9-B8F5-DB6FF1239460.jpeg

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the info! Last week, I reached out to Apex, who manufactured the Bimini’s for Yamaha, and they provided the below schematic and it appears the concept is the same on the SX, with the exception of needing the lower attachment point. Also it seems the bimini is the same size for 2012-2023 210’s…. I have seen the part for significantly less than their MSRP via the online parts websites.

A01F08FF-1C76-4EC1-A27F-012C9B8974DC.png

Official response….
info@apexcanvas.com

Below is the part# I believe you are looking for. You may want to send a photo of the label in the canvas or the storage boot to verify that I have the correct part#. I cannot be sure that I have the correct part#, version, etc as there are many of changes and similar descriptions that may not be correct. All sales are final; No refunds or returns.

When determined that we have the correct part, an order form is attached, if you are interested in purchasing, once completed please send to the email address on the form.
F2J-U3108-10 '12-'23 SX210/212SS BIMINI CANVAS CHARCOAL $757.30

To remove the old canvas you will need to remove the screws from the jawslides (photo) on one side of the bimini to slide the canvas off and then slide the new back on and re-insert the screws. I’ve attached the drawing of the frame showing all the points that need to be detached.