• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini surf pockets

kbell413

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I assume someone has to have come up with a solution for this by now but I can't find anything here or elsewhere on the web. While I won't be taking delivery until it warms up, my 2022 255 XE has arrived at the dealer. I know the factory racks are better suited for wakeboards and skim style surf boards. Has anyone modified their stock bimini or found an aftermarket one that has surf pockets built in? Seems to be the best solution to storage for the thicker boards. My other thought was replacing the stock racks with something that has a wider jaw. Where do you guys put your thicker surf boards besides the floor?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
kxcam22 made a bracket that attached to the top of his tower to hold his boards, it looked nice, wishing I could have one like it,

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the small 19ft boat and way too many toys on board. Mine is a 2017 with the forward facing tower. I run two long bungees left to right one in front and one toward the back over the top of the bimini and I slide the nose and tail of the surf boards under that. I had considered sewing a pocket for the boards into the bimini, but I have found the bungee works good enough. I can fit two 5ft plus surf boards up there.

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I am out on the boat I often have:
Five kids, two adults
two adult wake boards
one child wake board
two surf boards
one wake skate
one wake foil
maybe a knee board

Its a full boat.
I put two surf boards on top of the bimini fins up under two bungees.
One adult wake board and wake foil on driver side rack (with mast of foil board down and toward the front so it doesn't catch the tow rope)
One adult wake board and knee board on passenger side rack (its a wake board/ kneeboard combo rack)
and Kids wake board and wake skate in the ski locker.

I am very surprised how well everything stays out the way on such a small boat and so much on "board"...

I keep the tube under the driver side rear seat, but I am proud to say it did not get inflated this last season....

If its too choppy for boards, the kids enjoy "body surfing" behind the boat at about 10mph, hanging onto the rope. We call it the "floppy chicken"
make sure your shorts are tied really tight....

Last edited:

kbell413

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have the small 19ft boat and way too many toys on board. Mine is a 2017 with the forward facing tower. I run two long bungees left to right one in front and one toward the back over the top of the bimini and I slide the nose and tail of the surf boards under that. I had considered sewing a pocket for the boards into the bimini, but I have found the bungee works good enough. I can fit two 5ft plus surf boards up there.
You've got what I'm thinking figured out. Never thought to be as simple as a few bungees. Any photos by chance?

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have any pics off hand that I can think of.... Not sure I want to go set it up in the garage and take some, because I am lazy... sorry. But it is just as simple as you'd imagine. A bungee cord from one side to the other then just slide the nose under the front one and pull the back one over the tail. I've driven down the lake at full speed (35mph) and had no problems with them moving.

kbell413

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't have any pics off hand that I can think of.... Not sure I want to go set it up in the garage and take some, because I am lazy... sorry. But it is just as simple as you'd imagine. A bungee cord from one side to the other then just slide the nose under the front one and pull the back one over the tail. I've driven down the lake at full speed (35mph) and had no problems with them moving.
No worries my friend, wouldn't expect you go to set it up just to snap photos. I'll try it out in a few months when I pick the new boat up. The river behind my house still has ice on it right now!

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I am feeling this exact same pain and wondering if a canvas shop might be the ticket. If I could run 2 sleeves/pockets to hold 1 surf board and 1 kneeboard, then it frees up a rack that I can get the skis on.

Running 2 surfboards, 2 wakeboards, 3 slalom skis, 1 kneeboard. Also carry an inflatable Sup Board, 9 life jackets, 2 anchors.