• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Double wake surf rack

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm looking for a double wake surf rack for my 2019 AR195. I see many double wakeboard, or single wakeboard / single surf combo racks, but I am looking for a rack that is sized to hold dual wake surf boards for when I'm out with friends. I need a minimum of 1.5" and preferably 2" between the forks to hold each board. I see these types of double racks all over the wake boats, but finding them aftermarket for the Yamaha has proven a bit challenging since many of the common manufacturers don't list the fork distance.

I also need a locking swivel rack that swings into the boat, preferably 180 degrees. Where I dock my boat, the forks will need to be locked inside the boat so that I don't obstruct the walkway for others. Finding a double wake surf with a locking swivel has made the search even harder.

The closest one I think will work is a Krypt tower rack that has the option for a locking swivel. It prices out around $418. Links below for the rack and its swivel.

Monster tower has a wakeboard/surf combo, same for the Reborn rack. But neither seem to offer a double wake surf rack. The official Yamaha rack appears to be a double wakeboard only.

Does anyone have experience with the Krypt rack linked above? I'm very open to other suggestions too.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like Krypt has a double wakesurf rack. I can't say I know a lot about them, but I heard about them here after others had purchased.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have that double surf rack (bought from Bullet Lines) for about 6 years now. It's been a good rack and fits 2 surf boards just fine and clamps on solid to the tower.

I have had to replace the rubber 'grips' in between one of the fingers once, but was pretty easy to fix. Also the bungee cord is getting a bit stretched and weak but still holds, so I suspect that will need replacing someday soon as well.

Also would recommend getting the swivel, I don't have that and want to add that as it would help loading boards. Not sure how far it swivels in when connected, so can't help you there.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have that double surf rack (bought from Bullet Lines) for about 6 years now. It's been a good rack and fits 2 surf boards just fine and clamps on solid to the tower.

I have had to replace the rubber 'grips' in between one of the fingers once, but was pretty easy to fix. Also the bungee cord is getting a bit stretched and weak but still holds, so I suspect that will need replacing someday soon as well.

Also would recommend getting the swivel, I don't have that and want to add that as it would help loading boards. Not sure how far it swivels in when connected, so can't help you there.
Thank you, that's very helpful. It looks to be the one I will get and appears to have a locking swivel option now.

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Could we get a follow up on this project?

I have an 18 AR195 and looking to add a double surf rack.

Or if there are any other Suggestions.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did purchase the Krypt double wakesurf rack with the locking swivel. It’s a pretty good rack for the price. It definitely holds two surf boards, and actually the forks are wider than the board thickness but they fit nicely. The locking swivel keeps it inside the boat when at the dock. Overall I’m happy with it. Attached is one of the only good pics I gave from end of the season with the Coaster 5’3” board.

A few notes. It wasn’t the easiest thing to mount on the Yamaha tower (mine is 2019 AR195). The forward sweep angle of the tower made it a bit difficult to mount the rack so that the boards are held horizontal outside the boat. The forks are bolted to the tower mount only in certain holes (ie angle of forks to mount aren’t really adjustable) so it took much longer to find the spot to mount “perfectly” and make my OCD happy.

There’s only one bungee for both boards. Some of the higher end racks have separate bungees which would be nice.

One other word of warning - I accidentally ordered the double wakeBOARD rack first and had to switch it out for the double wakeSURF. Upon shipping it right back I got hit with a huge restocking fee of like $100 because they said it was “scratched”. I seriously doubt this but it’s near impossible to fight so just be careful if you have to ship anything back.

Attachments

Last edited:

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks for the quick reply @gallobg.

Found best price for the Rack itself on Amazon, shipped from Krypt direct. Ordered without swivel as its not required for my situation but can always be add if needed afterwards.

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We found a "Reborn" aftermarket double wakesurf rack in black (matches our tower) that holds the boards horizontally and tighter to the boat. We're able to easily pull into any covered marina without having to remove our boards to get in. We also went out and purchased the "Reborn" swivel attachments (unfortunately was only available in silver/chrome) making it ever so easy to remove the board the rider likes the best from within the boat.

Attachments

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Reborn Surfboard Rack Glossy Black
If you want to know more Dolphin products, please visit OUR EBAY STORE BOARDOUTLETS
Product Details
Reborn Surfboard Rack Glossy Black

Features:

Built with solid 6061 aluminum and polished.
4 bolts ball clamp stronger than those ball clamp with 2 bolts.
Unique, compact design stores your surfboard while saving you boat space.
PVC strip protects boards from dings & slipping
Easy to install

Demensions:
Fit the surfboard within 9cm (3.5 inches) thickness.
2 1/2" clamp comes along with 1 3/4",1 7/8", 2", 2 1/4",2 3/8" rubber for additional tubing sizes.

Acastrellon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
We found a "Reborn" aftermarket double wakesurf rack in black (matches our tower) that holds the boards horizontally and tighter to the boat. We're able to easily pull into any covered marina without having to remove our boards to get in. We also went out and purchased the "Reborn" swivel attachments (unfortunately was only available in silver/chrome) making it ever so easy to remove the board the rider likes the best from within the boat.
Hi - does your board use up the hole 3.5” on that double surf rack. I just received mine and it seems to move a bit, im sire chop is going to move it a lot.

Acastrellon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Not sure what you're asking?
Yeah I typed that up real quick, sorry. I bought the reborn double wake surf rack after paying for a wakeboard rack and noticing the gaps for wakeboard is rather tight for a wakesurf board. So I saw reborn double wakesurf rack. The gap is 3.5” to hold what I assume is 2 boards. My wakesurf board is about 1.25” thick. It leaves a huge gap so when I tie it, which I still need to figure out how its done, it still moves a bit and I worry that in some chop it will be banging. How do you tie this thing correctly and what can i do about that gap.

Attachments

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi - does your board use up the hole 3.5” on that double surf rack. I just received mine and it seems to move a bit, im sire chop is going to move it a lot.
We attach ours to the down tube on the port side. Using the enclosed rubber inserts for the 2 3/8 tubing of the tower, we've never experienced any movement/shifting while under way.

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah I typed that up real quick, sorry. I bought the reborn double wake surf rack after paying for a wakeboard rack and noticing the gaps for wakeboard is rather tight for a wakesurf board. So I saw reborn double wakesurf rack. The gap is 3.5” to hold what I assume is 2 boards. My wakesurf board is about 1.25” thick. It leaves a huge gap so when I tie it, which I still need to figure out how its done, it still moves a bit and I worry that in some chop it will be banging. How do you tie this thing correctly and what can i do about that gap.
That looks identical to what we have, and are able to hold two boards without any issues. I wish we had a picture to share showing both boards fitting together. It's a little snug with both on-board in the rack, but we've never noticed any damage to either of them. We notice they fit better when the fin side are facing one another, but reversed.

Acastrellon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
We attach ours to the down tube on the port side. Using the enclosed rubber inserts for the 2 3/8 tubing of the tower, we've never experienced any movement/shifting while under way.
Im bot too worried about that part that will be tight. Its more about how the board sits on the rack. Check out my previous reply with the pick, you can notice the 1.25” board in the 3.5” gap.

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That looks identical to what we have, and are able to hold two boards without any issues. I wish we had a picture to share showing both boards fitting together. It's a little snug with both on-board in the rack, but we've never noticed any damage to either of them. We notice they fit better when the fin side are facing one another, but reversed.
The attached bungee cord (at least ours), really holds them tightly in place.

Acastrellon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
The attached bungee cord (at least ours), really holds them tightly in place.
I see, you use it with 2 boards. I only have one. Can you explain how you tie your bungee. The bungee is attached to the top end off the back piece. Do you carry it above the boards then down and tie it where? Or do you start going down behind the boards and go up the front and tie it where?

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Im bot too worried about that part that will be tight. Its more about how the board sits on the rack. Check out my previous reply with the pick, you can notice the 1.25” board in the 3.5” gap.
We have two Yamaha wakeboards, the Southpoint Slingshot Coaster 5.3 and the Yamaha Wakesurfer WBF 5.4 that fit with no clearance of fit issues.

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I see, you use it with 2 boards. I only have one. Can you explain how you tie your bungee. The bungee is attached to the top end off the back piece. Do you carry it above the boards then down and tie it where? Or do you start going down behind the boards and go up the front and tie it where?
We haven't had our boat out yet (but bringing her home this week). We've done it both ways when we had the one board, over and around seemed to fit best.