• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Top 252se Model - Water Pooling Issue

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The Bimini top always pools water after a rain storm where the zip-out part is. There is a drain hole, but it's in the wrong spot, and pools away from the hole.

Is this happening to everybody else, or happened on previous year models? I almost always forget to flip all the water off and I realize it when I drive away and it soaks everybody in the boat, haha.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I remember seeing on here someone talking about adding an extra drain hole or two to theirs for the same reason. Can't remember what thread it was in though.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Same, been thinking about just rolling up the zipper when done. A bit annoying but it is what it is.

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Damn. Thanks for the responses. Making sure I wasn't missing something.

Extra drain hole is interesting, but I wonder how bad that would look.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Hole punch was a bit dull. I probably hit it about 20 times before I got the hole punched all the way around. Not the best quality, but served its purpose.

ken4motion

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Same pooling issue here this summer. After a rain storm, I'd take the golf ball retriever with extension pole and push the sagging bimini up so that the water would splash out! After some time, I noticed that the top needed to be tightened. After tighten up, it seem to be holding less water...my other though was putting a thick bungee cord to support the sag but even that idea needed some work to keep it simple...

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't have the new style of Bimini so can't comment on the specifics. However, if water is pooling after a rain, that's obviously the low spot in the cover and it needs more support. Have you tried connecting a bungee cord in that general area to give the fabric more support and thus get the water to move away?

It's a cheap solution that may allow you to troubleshoot another more long-term fix.