• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini Top care

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have not seen anyone paying attention to their Bimini as far as care for the fabric. I could be the whitest person on this forum so I live under that top on long sunny days and figured I should give it some love so it will last longer. Do you guys treat the tops with anything.

My threading started to disintegrate and I had it re-sewn all over by a local shop. I don't know what else to do for it, you could probably treat it with PTFE or something if you wanted to make sure it was waterproof... but we just use it as a sunshade rather than an umbrella unless we're REALLY unlucky. I'd imagine 303 or similar would help shield it from UV rays.

I want to read about someone using Renovo on their Bimini top before I break down and use that half a bottle that I have sitting on the shelf http://www.renovointernational.com/products/reviver.php

It worked great on the Porsche top. It recolors, waterproofs and protects in one step.

Not actually sure what my top is made out of, does not look like canvas

We absolutely need the bimini as well. The only issue I have had is mildew. I put mildew preventer on the new canvas I bought. I plan to really clean the old one so I have a spare and can swap them out if I want a clean one. So far this year the cover is staying perfect with no mildew.

Expensive, but I also vote the 303. My bimini is well worn. It looks good on the top but bad from underneath. I recently used "Surf City Garage Top End Convertible Top Cleaner and Protectant" from W-mart on mine since it could only help. It says "canvas, fabric or vinyl". It made the fabric much softer, smell better and removed some stains; but most of the issues with my bimini seem to be permanent. I am very close to spending the dough for custom Sunbrella...except for the fact that wifey says if I do, I cant talk about getting a new boat anymore. Decisions, decisions.

Mine was the same on the bottom. I put the mildew protector on the new one and it is still looking great. I am going to really clean up the old one and save it for later.

I haven't but I would like to know if anyone has. I am always looking for a way to clean the boat better.

Back