• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow Roller Getting Crushed

KingMufasa03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I couldnt find exactly what I was looking for when searching through the forum, but I am guessing I am not the first person with this issue of their roller looking crushed.

We tried to replace our stock roller on our trailer for our 2015 AR210 last season with a Stoltz roller, but the bolt we received was damaged and then the nut was locked on and it was a entire ordeal. The vendor (JBP) took great care of us and shipped us out a new bolt/nut right away, but my wife was pretty frustrated with the entire experience and didnt want to waste any more time on it last season when we could have been in the water instead.

So this season we finally got around to putting the new one on, but rushed through it and didnt put the washers on the outside...... I know, dumb mistake.... Going to put a new bolt/washer on and re-do it correctly and not rushed once and for all, but my main concern is that it seems like the roller is getting crushed and I dont think that is tied to the washers. The stock roller was absolutely dismantled as well. Any thoughts on why this is happening or what I am doing incorrectly? We are first time boat owners as of last year, so maybe I am putting it on the trailer wrong or something? Usually I have just the top part of the front fenders out of the water and I winch the boat all the way up until the bow eye is snug on the bow roller. I kinda give it all I can to get it snug on there, but even so by the time I get home it loosens up for another 2 knotches worth of a crank.

Attachments

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You need the washers. From the looks of it here, the roller is separating due to the washers not being there.

1716481867282.png
1716481893936.png

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One thing I do (and a few others I imagine) is brake check the boat after I get on flat ground. Typically I can get 2-4" more forward on the bunks and then go retighten your winch before you leave the launch area.