• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini top for 2020 sx195

Luvallie25

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Anyone have suggestions on where to buy a Bimini top for 2020 sx195 (new or used) other then Yamaha dealer.... I’ve been searching and can’t figure out what is the best option out there that won’t cost a fortune .... I’m scared to order one from a website and what if the poles are not the right size or the cover is not a perfect fit... Any help will be appreciated !!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Conventional wisdom is to call a local canvas shop to custom make one for you. The OE ones are way expensive. Also, a local shop can do things like add zippers for you or flaps, etc. so you can make the most of your top.

Luvallie25

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Conventional wisdom is to call a local canvas shop to custom make one for you. The OE ones are way expensive. Also, a local shop can do things like add zippers for you or flaps, etc. so you can make the most of your top.
Thanks I will look up canvas shops, what about the frame? Do you think ordering one of amazon is an option or do I need to contact my dealer for that?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good question. I think that the parts are readily available, but that means that you have to design/assemble them yourself (I thought you perhaps had the old metal parts...). If it is a matter of repairing an old one, the parts may work best for you. If we are talking about starting from scratch, I would ask the canvas shop if they can do that part too (answer might be no, but the canvas needs to be fitting to the metal bits, obviously, so they might...).

Luvallie25

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Good question. I think that the parts are readily available, but that means that you have to design/assemble them yourself (I thought you perhaps had the old metal parts...). If it is a matter of repairing an old one, the parts may work best for you. If we are talking about starting from scratch, I would ask the canvas shop if they can do that part too (answer might be no, but the canvas needs to be fitting to the metal bits, obviously, so they might...).
Thank you. Someone stole the Bimini (and some other things) of our boat so we are trying to replace things without paying crazy amount for it :( .... found a place that makes custom top and frame so I’m hoping to do that.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, THAT sucks. Why the heck would you steal a bimini top? I can't imagine that it would fit any other type of boat. Idiots.

Good luck and please do report back with what you find!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thank you. Someone stole the Bimini (and some other things) of our boat so we are trying to replace things without paying crazy amount for it :( .... found a place that makes custom top and frame so I’m hoping to do that.
Hope that works out for you...people are dicks. I've heard of people stealing covers and biminis before, but it's rare around here.

But with a brand new boat and cover, I looked for a 4-pack of small inexpensive padlocks keyed-alike. I made sure they fit inside my mooring cover and lock the ratchets so unless they cut the strap (or know about the hidden buckles), they can't remove the cover. I also bought 2 five foot cables and use the other 2 padlocks to secure my wheels when I park the trailer in sketchy ramp areas. When parked at my house, I use double tongue locks, one for the latch and a ball-lock that goes inside the tongue. It's quick and simple deterrents that hopefully make thieves move on to easier targets.

Luvallie25

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hope that works out for you...people are dicks. I've heard of people stealing covers and biminis before, but it's rare around here.

But with a brand new boat and cover, I looked for a 4-pack of small inexpensive padlocks keyed-alike. I made sure they fit inside my mooring cover and lock the ratchets so unless they cut the strap (or know about the hidden buckles), they can't remove the cover. I also bought 2 five foot cables and use the other 2 padlocks to secure my wheels when I park the trailer in sketchy ramp areas. When parked at my house, I use double tongue locks, one for the latch and a ball-lock that goes inside the tongue. It's quick and simple deterrents that hopefully make thieves move on to easier targets.
We will be for sure doing all that from now on!! the boat was at a storage place in a parking spot, storage place has a gate that only people with code can get into and cameras everywhere So we didn’t think there would be a problem. They took everything they could undo (the seats/cushions/cover/Bimini top/radio/display/speakers), we were able to buy Almost everything on amazon , just waiting for the Bimini cover and still need the cushions And the display (probably will have to get those from Yamaha)

Luvallie25

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Bimini top is ordered , one other question for you, another thing that was stolen was the battery, any advice on what battery to buy? I posted on another site but everyone has a different answer so I’m confused lol

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am in the 'buy the cheap ok one' camp. Mine are a pair of the same battery (marine starting deep cycle) from Costco. Interstate, I believe. I fully believe that AGM and many other batteries may be better in many ways. But mine work, were cheap ($80?) and will last me several years no problem. I think I figured out at the time that I can replace mine on the order of 4 times and they are still cheaper than the fancy AGM battery.

That is all doubly true if someone is going to steal it.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Bimini top is ordered , one other question for you, another thing that was stolen was the battery, any advice on what battery to buy? I posted on another site but everyone has a different answer so I’m confused lol
If you don't have big battery demands like a loud stereo system, any decent deep cycle marine battery should do. I'm using the stock batteries that came with the boat which are just marine starting batteries and no issues. I only run 1 digital amp at about 400w max output and we don't crank it up much when we're floating/anchored, no need for pricey AGM batteries here. Down the road I'll probably need to change out the house battery and I'll replace it with a deep cycle at that time.

Luvallie25

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thanks much for the advice... got the battery ( had to pay $15 extra because we did not have an old one to return). Now just searching for cushions.

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
MSC 3 bow bimini top boat cover, excellent quality and price and it comes with all the hardware and cover boot! To top it off, it comes with a 2yr warranty on materials and 5yr warranty on frame. It is easy to install and stable. Perfect height and size for my 19' Stingray bowrider. Good shade and grey color helps cool us down from Florida heat. I have looked everywhere and this is 50% cheaper than other brands out there!