• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Top for high speed

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
The Bimini top on my SX192 seems pretty cheaply made. It works, but I don't see it holding up for long. One big problem is that it tilts up in the front and catches a lot of air when underway. I adjusted it to nose down thinking it wouldn't catch as much air. That caused the air to push down on the top and looked like it was bending the front support bar.

Has anyone had problems with the Bimini at high speed or found a high speed bimini solution?

I cut down both the front and rear support poles by about 6". I did it primarily so that the bimini would clear the speakers hanging from the tower, but I also like the look much better and it may very well have helped to reduce the lift under the bimini (not sure) but I've towed with it up at higher speeds than the boat runs and have had no issues at all with it.
The stock bimini stands too tall in my opinion and I have no issues standing under mine after it having been cut down. I'm 6'4". :rolleyes:

Back