• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Top Picture Request

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Can someone snap some pictures of their bimini top, specifically where the bows attached to each other? My boat came with no canvas but all of the poles. Some of the poles/bows were not attached and pieces were missing. I went through the OEM diagrams and ordered the ones I needed, which say "rivets." Of course when the package arrives, they are indeed "rivets"--you know, the kind that I already have a million of and didn't need to spend a ridiculous amount on by buying them in a Yamaha bag. Cost aside, I just don't see how you can use these to attach the bows to the main part of the frame. And if these were used originally, how in the hell did they come off?? Further, these need to rotate freely to stow the bimini top.

I drew some red boxes around the parts I need to see. Thank you!

bimini.png

arlowe13

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will take some pics on Saturday if no one else has posted by then

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure what boat you have but i should have my 2016 SX240 out this weekend.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lemme see if I can grab some pics.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@captainhook My boats at the marina, but here are a couple of pics from earlier. Hope they are useful.
20170727_092545.jpg 20170727_092935.jpg 20170727_093306.jpg 20170727_093627.jpg The bimini is custom, the frame is factory.20170727_095511.jpg There are s.s. rivets that hold the plastic tubing ends to the main bimini support poles.

Last edited:

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks. The part I am referring to is the plastic cap on the horizontal bows. How does this attach to the main frame? All of my plastic caps and pieces are attached to the frames but it looks like the bows are removable and held in by pins or something.

Here is a picture of just the caps where something goes through to hold it to the plastic part of the main frame. What goes in the hole in this picture to hold it in the plastic slots of the main frame?

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I guess I can always get stainless steel pins or something.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks. The part I am referring to is the plastic cap on the horizontal bows. How does this attach to the main frame? All of my plastic caps and pieces are attached to the frames but it looks like the bows are removable and held in by pins or something.

Here is a picture of just the caps where something goes through to hold it to the plastic part of the main frame. What goes in the hole in this picture to hold it in the plastic slots of the main frame?

The only place I can see these fittings on my bimini frame is on the aft support pole. They are screwed to the other fitting on the main bimini pole creating a hinge so it can be folded away. The screws are part #18 in your diagram above, $1.47, just out of your picture. You can see it below.
20170727_113140.jpg Screen shot 2017-07-27 at 11.45.53 AM.png

Last edited:

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yes, that is exactly it, thanks. Do the screws have nuts? I didn't see a threaded section of the plastic, but maybe I missed it.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry, I do not recall, but by the parts diagram I assume one side is threaded as I do not see a nut listed.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Turns out one side is definitely threaded. I used the one I did have to find the right size at the hardware store in stainless and they were of course cheaper too.

My question now is, are the middle two bows supposed to be tight under the cover or a little loose? Mine are a little loose and the cover is not really taught.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine is pretty tight, but it was custom made for the frame. We have our front straps adjusted so that we need to pull down on front of bimini frame a bit to secure them. The canvas does not move (flutter) at speed and I usually take it down at speeds over 35mph, manual states 40.20170730_103811.jpg20170730_103849.jpg

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks. Mine isn't that tight but I haven't put it on the boat yet. Maybe I will be able to tighten it with the straps too.

Of course I finally get this thing and the weather cools off to the point we don't even need it so I am not using it today...