• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Top Replacement

aaron jansen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While trailering my boat last weekend we ripped the bimini top when it came out from under the boot and was flapping in the wind as I went down the highway at 75mph. I didn't notice until it was too late and the zipper was ripped off and a lot of the material was frayed.

Its a good chance to upgrade to something better and I was wondering if anyone else has replaced a bimini top and where to look to get one?

Does anyone have the measurements I should be looking for? I can't seem to find it online.

Thank you!

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@aaron jansen , here is the link to the Yamaha parts list for the bimini:
https://www.shopyamaha.com/parts-catalog/parts/boats?ls=Boat&dealernumber=#/Yamaha/AR190_-_RX1800AP_-_2015/BIMINI_TOP_-_CARPET

They sell it on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-F3A-U3131-00-00-Canvas-Awning-F3AU31310000/dp/B00AJQKF14?ie=UTF8&keywords=F3A-U3131-00-00&qid=1465304531&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

You might want to price it with your local dealer too.
Sorry to hear about your problems.
On another note, you might want to see if your dealer would replace it under warranty.
Good luck.

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

aaron jansen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

aaron jansen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

aaron jansen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am sending pictures tonight...the boat is about 14 months old...so maybe they'll be able to do something for me...thanks for the heads up @DBamaC

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Good luck!

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My top sewing just tore where you pull the velcro section down to allow the front arms to drop down..
I am not impressed with quality for sure. Will they warranty the top then?

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It is part of the regular Yamaha warranty so they should.

aaron jansen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DBamaC Thank you for the advice on the Bimini...the new one or repaired is arriving today...can't wait to get that back on...The lady didnt tell me if its new or not but just sent the tracking.

One thing that you may be able to help with is my tower. I feel like I should probably check the bolts and such to tighten everything. I have tightened the folding knobs by hand but i feel like the tower wobbles a bit and probably could stand to tighten.

Have you or anyone else done this before? What are the best tools and size of sockets or whatever?

I'm going to take off work Friday to put on the bimini, clean the boat, hopefully tighten the tower, and install a keel guard.

jarozi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had this problem as well, the cover got loose and both it and the bimini flapped in the wind for a bit, tearing it up pretty good.

I ended up taking the cover to an auto-upholstery place who fixed it up. Then I ordered a new bimini online somewhere.

What I have done since is to use re-usable zip ties to secure each end of the cover so the zipper can't back out in transit.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I can't remember the Allen wrench size. I'll be on my boat in a little while and will try to remover to check. You mat find it necessary to get s socket on the nut. That is great work for a kid if you have one unless you are a circus performer.

aaron jansen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They look like pretty big alan keys...shouldn't they have given me these with the boat?