• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Black bimini top (2014 242 Limited S)

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is there a black bimini top for the 2014 242 Limited S? Mine came with a beige, but it's missing a cover and if I'm going to order a new one I'd rather just order both in black to match the hull.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was thinking the same. But since my bimini is still in good shape, I may use it as a pattern. The Sunbrella material in black is like $25 a yard of 60" bolts of fabric. Sorta spendy, but would look nice!

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was thinking the same. But since my bimini is still in good shape, I may use it as a pattern. The Sunbrella material in black is like $25 a yard of 60" bolts of fabric. Sorta spendy, but would look nice!
Hmm good idea. There must be someone around that could make one if they had an exact copy to go off of. I don't have a cover for those dimensions but I imagine they could fashion one up as well.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Ronnie didn‘t you get a black bimini from yours?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hmm good idea. There must be someone around that could make one if they had an exact copy to go off of. I don't have a cover for those dimensions but I imagine they could fashion one up as well.
I would share the pattern with you when we make it. But alas, I am of the old school 2010/2011 bimini style. Not those cool bimini's you guys got on the 2012+ models.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ronnie didn‘t you get a black bimini from yours?
I had a black Bimini top made based on the oem gray top. I think it cost me around $500 but part of that is because I had a zipper sewn into the trailing edge and into the sleeve in which the bikini frame goes (the latter allows me to separate the canvas from the frame without having to take the frame apart). While i was at it, I also had an extension made in black and a boot with two zippers that allows me to keep the top covered whether the extension is attached or not and the top zipped to the tower. The cost break down from memory is $500 for the top, $400 for the extension and another $500 for the boot. All in the highest grade Sunbrella material available at the time. It not uncommon for a guest to tell me the extension is the best mod ever.

CCL_242

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a black Bimini top made based on the oem gray top. I think it cost me around $500 but part of that is because I had a zipper sewn into the trailing edge and into the sleeve in which the bikini frame goes (the latter allows me to separate the canvas from the frame without having to take the frame apart). While i was at it, I also had an extension made in black and a boot with two zippers that allows me to keep the top covered whether the extension is attached or not and the top zipped to the tower. The cost break down from memory is $500 for the top, $400 for the extension and another $500 for the boot. All in the highest grade Sunbrella material available at the time. It not uncommon for a guest to tell me the extension is the best mod ever.
Ronnie, can you share some pictures?

Thanks

JBMcCormic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am late to this thread but I wanted to share my results on the subject. I also wanted to see a black Bimini so I had a local place sew one based upon my OEM Bimini. So far it turned out great! 4111701C-F5F4-493B-A30B-0DEA7DA9C640.jpeg94977A28-6413-44BD-AE90-D02BCCED3C04.jpeg

Jagq08

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@
JBMcCormic
It looks great! May I know the price? Would it be possible for me to purchase one from you? I have a 2013 Limited S