• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

black hull bottoms please chime in ..

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
question ? can someone with a black factory hull bottom chime in on how they hold up with bunk scratches ect ? do they show everything ? ty

I haul my boat in and out every time I use it and I never noticed any wear. I’ve looked under it to see if there is any noticable scratches and I’ve seen some very small ones near the bunks, but nothing to worry about and I’m pretty peticular with my boat. But as far as any other wear on the black hull, it’s pretty much flawless. I think it holds up great. I would buy another black hull without question, love the look of it!

Mine shows some surface scratches but nothing I can’t buff out. Looks amazing when cleaned up.
84ED37FF-1291-4000-A8C9-CFFD4FC78668.jpeg

Mine shows scratches from the bunks. I haven't done anything with them yet.

how bad we talking ? white bunk scratches on black showing bad ?

I'm gonna follow this thread. I've got two 'white' scratches both about 10 inches long from someone elses prop on a motor that was raised out of the water hitting my 2022 195S (black hull) - totally my fault. No fiberglass fibers showing or visible, so I am assuming these are not through the gel coat. My plan is to wet sand with about 1500 grit followed by an appropriate buffing with compound on a wool pad (rotary) then finer compound on a foam pad (DA orbital). However, my worry is how thick is the gel coat on a yamaha? Do I run the risk of going too deep on this scratch that is less than 1/32 inch deep? Comments from anyone with experience here would be most appreciated.

I'm gonna follow this thread. I've got two 'white' scratches both about 10 inches long from someone elses prop on a motor that was raised out of the water hitting my 2022 195S (black hull) - totally my fault. No fiberglass fibers showing or visible, so I am assuming these are not through the gel coat. My plan is to wet sand with about 1500 grit followed by an appropriate buffing with compound on a wool pad (rotary) then finer compound on a foam pad (DA orbital). However, my worry is how thick is the gel coat on a yamaha? Do I run the risk of going too deep on this scratch that is less than 1/32 inch deep? Comments from anyone with experience here would be most appreciated.

I'm not sure how it would hold up over time.... but for a light surface scratch I would try a black Sharpie. I was doing some work on my 275SD and a black Sharpie worked to make it not noticeable unless you were right on top of it.

1500 grit isn’t going to cut through all your gel coat, otherwise we are all in trouble. If you are worried, just start with some cutting compound and a wool pad. If that doesn’t do the trick then you can step up to something more aggressive.

5 jetboats later, last and will be the only with black hull. Scarab 285.
Never again.

Back