• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blower Hose Issue

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
4818EA29-7209-4CAC-A020-B5D8654408C1.jpeg 234FB911-576D-4E18-A41E-A9CACD55DB80.jpeg This should apply to all boats... I have had the somewhat common problem of failing to start/starting and turning off after about a second or two... the common fix is to run your blowers.
I tried that and NOTHING.
What would help is to open my engine hatch though.
Well, I was looking at some other stuff/opening my hatch like I always do before start-up to ensure there are no gas fumes and low and behold, I see my blower hoses sucked to the hull. I don’t know if they slipped down or the dude at the factory that day was too lazy to set them properly, but this may be something for everyone to look into.... especially if they are having heat sync no start problems.
Just a PSA/FYI to check yours just in case!!!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here ya go @JeffVans.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-8-in-50-lbs-Natural-Mounted-Tie-10-Pack-B7S9X-MH/305582626

Get a pack of these mountable cable ties. Put a couple on each hose and mount them to the carpeted side bulkhead with a stainless steel screw on each side of your engine compartment. Make sure the hose end is near the lower part of the engine compartment.

You are correct though. The installer must have left them out as they are used throughout the boat to hold control cables in place.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here ya go @JeffVans.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-8-in-50-lbs-Natural-Mounted-Tie-10-Pack-B7S9X-MH/305582626

Get a pack of these mountable cable ties. Put a couple on each hose and mount them to the carpeted side bulkhead with a stainless steel screw on each side of your engine compartment. Make sure the hose end is near the lower part of the engine compartment.

You are correct though. The installer must have left them out as they are used throughout the boat to hold control cables in place.
The screwed in zip ties were there, the hoses were just left too low. I fixed it by holding the zip tie and pulling the hoses back up. If they fall back down I’ll readdress the situation and add new zip ties or just cut the hoses off a bit. Like I said it’s just a PSA/FYI for people to look out for.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would think you could just pull the hose up a little & tighten the existing zip tie.