• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blown Out Back Jam

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
gah! We’ve been doing a ton of work around the house this summer. One project was to take down our little used swimming pool. Long story short, I overlifted while moving the coil of steel that goes around the perimeter. Been fighting what feels like severe sciatica since mid June (just after the overlifting incident). Severe meaning it wakes me up all night long. Finally went to the doctor last Thursday and she determined that it was more than likely a herniated disc. Starting physical therapy on Monday. My question is what can I expect? Anyone else go through the process of physical therapy, injection, surgery that would like to share their experience?

Thanks,
Mark
absolutely do the MRI, know exactly what the problems are, then therapy will help but once you learn the exercises you can do them at home, no reason to keep going if you can stick with it. Im right at 2 years with 2 severe herniations, no surgery no pills. just busted my ass and im back in the boat. no pun. playing golf, but sore the next day. surgery should be last option. injecitons only last a little bit and can mask things. strengthen your glute muscles and your core and over time and you will overcome. stick with it! its a marathon 100% good luck

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Xray results = possible arthritis, possible bone spur, shortening of spine, possible herniated disc.
Damn all those dirt bike wrecks.. ha

Next steps = new nerve meds, MRI, more PT. Yay (sarcasm)..