• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blue Angels in Pensacola, FL 2015

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Met up this morning with @Helipilot11 in Fort Walton Beach and we trekked over in the ICW to Pensacola for the Blue Angels air show. It was pretty awesome and we had a good location. Planes flew right over us a few times.

Blue Angels Evan.jpg Blue Angels Going To.jpg Blue Angels Anchored.jpg Fat Albert.jpg Blue Angels.jpg Blue Angels II.jpg Blue Angels III.jpg Blue Angels IV.jpg Blue Angels V.jpg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boys wouldve went wild for this. Is it yearly?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've always wanted to do that!

@njmr2fan they practice a lot out there, their website has the days they do it.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Figures this comes up after you leave @Wayloncle . Would have been a great time for you to trip over.

And correct @njmr2fan they are based out of Pensacola and practice quite a bit. But they travel and I believe only one air show here per year.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We just had the gary air show and really, all the little planes and smoke and that kinda thing is when ya cook food and grab beers.
Then the jets... in our case thunderbirds, youdrop eeverything and grab cameras and forget to take pictures cuz these guys fly so low and it's so loud you're just like...
daaaaaannnnnnggggg!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Man I wish we could have made it down this year in time for the show. It's always a good one! You guys on boats have it best because you can still get in the water during the air show it seems. Last time we went nobody was allowed in the water on the beach unless it was during a water break to let folks cool off. My favorite was the sneak attack supersonic passes :)

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My first time here by boat @haknslash . It's definitely a huge benefit. Especially when leaving. It was a traffic jam for vehicle. Worse thing we had to deal with was the chop from all the boats leaving. I'd highly recommend to anyone to go by boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hopefully this time next year we will be in a new Ar240 and there's no way I'm traveling to the gulf a few times each year without it. Yea traffic was a pain last time we went, even after hanging on the beach for a while after the show. I'll take boat wakes over pumping brakes any day of the year! :D

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They practice every Tuesday and Wednesday from 11.30 to 12:15. We camped at Ft. Pickens on Pensacola Beach last month and we saw and heard them both morning.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sweet! Thanks @Helipilot11 ! Wish I would have gotten a couple of you behind me. Next time for sure. Also, I'm putting my GoPro videos together. Hope it turns out alright.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can't believe how easy you guys got in and out of there. As a native I've been there a lot, but never by boat. And man does the car traffic SUCK!!
We purposely avoided that area and went instead towards Dauphin Island. If that's all the boat traffic you had to contend with, well then HELL... I'm in!

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Air shows are awesome from the boat. We usually do the chicago air and water show

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Bennie a buddy of mine working it told me the parking lots on Pensacola Beach were already full at 0600 hours that morning. I met up with @Helipilot11 about 1000 am in the ICW in Fort Walton. Took us just over 1 hour to get to the spot you see in the pics. I'll never go by car again. Only negative about the trip was all the choppy water of all the boats leaving after.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie a buddy of mine working it told me the parking lots on Pensacola Beach were already full at 0600 hours that morning. I met up with @Helipilot11 about 1000 am in the ICW in Fort Walton. Took us just over 1 hour to get to the spot you see in the pics. I'll never go by car again. Only negative about the trip was all the choppy water of all the boats leaving after.
Thanks, @ToddW850 - That sounds great!
I had talked to @Westbeach Bum about heading that way but I'm not quite the morning guy as he is. My family would've revolted if I tried to get them up at 0700 during the summer, much less be ready to leave the dock at that time. lol

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Bennie We had to leave our house at 0600 to make it to Eglin by 0800. The joys of living in Alabama but boating in the Destin area. Well worth it though! That was the longest trip on the boat that we have taken and also the most people I have had one the boat at one time. We had 9 adults on the boat and was still able to cruise at 35 mph in the chop comfortably. I would definitely do the trip again.

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bennie now that we have made the trip, I think we can leave around 0900 next year. The Friday practice is the way to go, I doubt you could leave that late for the Saturday show. Next year I'm getting one of those floating islands to take with us.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Westbeach Bum - can we get there the night before and camp the night anywhere over there? That could be fun.. for the kids and dads at least, lol

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Westbeach Bum - can we get there the night before and camp the night anywhere over there? That could be fun.. for the kids and dads at least, lol
There were a few big boats in Little Sabine Bay when we arrived around 0800, it appeared they had spent the night. Sounds like fun, I just don't think Jenn would go for it. She wants to park on the other side of the bridge next year so we can go to Flounders or one of the other restaurants.