• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blue Angels in Pensacola, FL 2015

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We'll take the boats and kids and camp out. They can drive over the next day --- good luck ladies.

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We'll take the boats and kids and camp out. They can drive over the next day --- good luck ladies.
We both know how well that will go over. At least you didn't even try to wake your crew up early. I'm still hearing about that.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Plenty of practice dates at P-cola till the end of the year. That should be a lot easier to get in and out of. And we shouldn't have to leave so early.

http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/show/

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I thought this was funny, you know the pilot was laughing is ass off...

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Plenty of practice dates at P-cola till the end of the year. That should be a lot easier to get in and out of. And we shouldn't have to leave so early.

http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/show/
If you go by boat, I bet you have have to park around Ft. Pickens for their normal weekday practices. I think they only practice over the beach the days leading up to the Pensacola Beach show.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Westbeach Bum and @Bennie I highly recommend going by boat. Great experience. And yes, you can camp by boat. Must have your anchor light on and can't anchor in a channel. You can see the room we still had available around us. Also, I'm putting my GoPro video together. Almost done and then I'll post of the trip.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Westbeach Bum and @Bennie I highly recommend going by boat. Great experience. And yes, you can camp by boat. Must have your anchor light on and can't anchor in a channel. You can see the room we still had available around us. Also, I'm putting my GoPro video together. Almost done and then I'll post of the trip.
Is there anywhere on the beach to camp out at? I was thinking about beaching the boat and camping on the sand bar... I've just never been there by boat and don't know the typography.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is there anywhere on the beach to camp out at? I was thinking about beaching the boat and camping on the sand bar... I've just never been there by boat and don't know the typography.
I know just to the east and west of Pensacola Beach is the Gulf Island National Seashore. Plenty of places to pull up, but I'm not familiar with any of their rules or if they even care.

If you go to Google Maps you'll see what I'm talking about. Also, if you look along the west side of Pensacola Pass, there is Robertson Island and another little cove. Looks perfect for camping over night with the boat.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you!! @ToddW850

I've been looking for a few extra things to do with the boat/family other than tubing and hitting the local hot spots.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you go by boat, I bet you have have to park around Ft. Pickens for their normal weekday practices. I think they only practice over the beach the days leading up to the Pensacola Beach show.
Fort Pickens is a great place to see them practice during the week. It was a lot of fun to see them from where we were staying at the campground and no traffic.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@PEARCE - have you ever camped over there? I'm thinking about taking the family over there for a little primitive camping, via the boat.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bennie we stayed in our camper for 5 days at Ft. Pickens. The loop we stayed in we could easily walk to the beach each day which was a very relaxing thing for us. We've never had our boat down there. We take extended vacations in our camper and shorter and closer to home trips with the boat.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
There were a few big boats in Little Sabine Bay when we arrived around 0800, it appeared they had spent the night. Sounds like fun, I just don't think Jenn would go for it. She wants to park on the other side of the bridge next year so we can go to Flounders or one of the other restaurants.
I tool my family and another family to watch the show in 2012. Rented an Aquasport 215 DC with a 150 Johnson (with about 50 horses escaped from the corral it felt like) from a marina across the bay in Bayou Grande and took it over to Little Sabine Bay. Weather was bad that morning but expected to clear up so we proceeded and ended up on the interior of the circle of big boat in LSB. Weather ended up lasting all day, saw a water spout (yippie!) and the others partying in the bay gave my kids quite an education. The trip back across the bay was probably the only time I've been really nervous piloting a boat. Saw pontoon boats in the bay that looked like they were in cut scenes from A Perfect Storm. Crazy.

Anyway, I'd love to go back sometime, but never if the weather is bad.

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tool my family and another family to watch the show in 2012. Rented an Aquasport 215 DC with a 150 Johnson (with about 50 horses escaped from the corral it felt like) from a marina across the bay in Bayou Grande and took it over to Little Sabine Bay. Weather was bad that morning but expected to clear up so we proceeded and ended up on the interior of the circle of big boat in LSB. Weather ended up lasting all day, saw a water spout (yippie!) and the others partying in the bay gave my kids quite an education. The trip back across the bay was probably the only time I've been really nervous piloting a boat. Saw pontoon boats in the bay that looked like they were in cut scenes from A Perfect Storm. Crazy.

Anyway, I'd love to go back sometime, but never if the weather is bad.
My brother was there for the 2013 show and a bad storm came off the gulf. He said pontoon boats were breaking loose and floating all over the place and lightening was hitting all around them during the worst part of the storm. You never know when one of those summer storms will brew up in the gulf. As far as the partying, that's why I take my family for the Friday show. It's a dress rehearsal, so it's the same show as Saturday, but not nearly as many people and boats.