• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blue Tooth Tower Speakers

Captbob

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone tried these speakers. Looks like no amp needed. Maybe self contained

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone tried these speakers. Looks like no amp needed. Maybe self contained
I run a WetSounds Stealth 10 Ultra HD Sound Bar. It has an open bluetooth connection, and only requires a power and ground to operate. It has a 200W Class D amp contained within the enclosure. I have tried using JUST the bluetooth, and the sound is less than great without the cockpit speakers to supplement. I think this is a function of the speaker size and not anything to do the connection method.

Right now I have the Aux-In run to the RCA outputs of the head unit (using an RCA-to-3.5mmFemale adapter). it sounds crystal clear and is exceptionally loud. So much so that I can turn the otherwise factory stereo up loud enough that the people in the water behind the boat at anchor have to shout to be heard (I've been asked to turn it down a few times :oops: ). The connections are SUPER simple, and the results are excellent for the price ($550 for a refurb unit). Hardest part of installation was pulling the tower off to run the wires through it, and even that only took a couple hours with a buddy.

You can see it in the below pic (best close up I have of the sound bar). Had to purchase the optional mounting kit with it because my tower has too much "curve" to it for the bar to mount on the stock mounts.

Only real complaint is the wind noise/whistle at speed. If you get a head wind in excess of about 45mph (like running 35mph into a 10mph head wind) it will start to whistle. The whistle at 70mph (on the expressway, my boat isn't nearly that fast) is loud enough the guy towing his boat behind me on vacation could hear it in the cab of his truck with the windows up........I'm working on some kind of cover/sleeve to put around it to eliminate this. I'll be sure to post results when I figure it out.

Also, can't recommend creative audio enough. Had an install issue with mine that I couldn't figure out. Gave them a call and they walked me right through getting it setup and working. I'll be purchasing as much as I can from them in the future.