• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boarding ladder replacement - 4 step.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I did use the search and see that there are posts about replacing the boarding ladder. My question is...
Has anyone replaced the stock ladder with a longer four-step ladder?
I have a bad knee and it's difficult to get a foot up to reach that bottom step, and pushing up can be difficult when in deep water.
I'm thinking a longer ladder with a deeper bottom step would make it easier to board. I know it would more likely hit bottom when the water is shallow, but I could always bungee a section up depending on depth. I have a 2006 SX210. TIA!
Would something like this work:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Reach out to Windline. They are the OEM of the stock ladders. If they do not have one in their catalog, they can custom make these.

I had ordered one for our previous boat as they too made the original ladder. We got one with an extra step and it worked out great. They usually need exact dimensions if they are not familiar with which ladder you have. Many have a windline sticker on them.

Good luck.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think it will come down to matching the mounting holes on the slides to the existing ones on the boat.
I figured if it comes down to it I might be able to use the existing slides and just swap out the actual ladder at the point where it mounts to the slides (if the measurements match.) I'd rather pay $75-$80 from Amazon. Windline site is $280 minimum and the 4 step is out of stock. Thanks!!51F7s+4Fu6L._AC_SX466_.jpg71hvfXTzl6L._AC_SX466_.jpg

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I think it will come down to matching the mounting holes on the slides to the existing ones on the boat.
I figured if it comes down to it I might be able to use the existing slides and just swap out the actual ladder at the point where it mounts to the slides (if the measurements match.) I'd rather pay $75-$80 from Amazon. Windline site is $280 minimum and the 4 step is out of stock. Thanks!!View attachment 195103View attachment 195104
After backing the boat and smashing the original ladder, this is exactly what we did. You need to drill the frame for the holes to line up to the boat's holes, but size wise, its a perfect fit. I even went as far as to cut the nipple off the old ladder, and weld it onto the bottom of the new one to retain the rubber fastener that holds it closed. But yes, the new Amazon ladder is OEM quality, just one rung lower.