• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat accessory question before purchase

Sroc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Good morning. I saw an ad on Facebook for these suction cup boat tie-off devices, “hook cups. “

I was wondering if anyone here has used them? Any concern for potential damage to the hull? Being new to Yamaha, I’ve always been told that Yamaha hulls are notoriously thin-walled? Looks like a pretty neat product. I am not giving an endorsement or promoting, just seeking advice before a potential purchase

Thanks

Thats a no for me. Its not replacing bumpers and rope because you still need them for docking. So it's just another $500 accessory to carry in the boat. Then there's the question if multiple boats are tied, if the suction cups can carry the load. Also it seems clumsy to attach to the other boat and would still need ropes for redundancy.

I agree with @I_squared_r. Pretty cool idea. I linked them when I saw them a while ago. Still got to carry the fenders though, not sure how much they will actually withstand before popping off and other boaters may not like you sticking them to their boats.

Back