• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Basic information about the various options from COBRA JET STEERING LLC

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have a couple of options for your boat for steering enhancements - super ultimate, super ultimate ak deluxe, mega fang plus upgrade added to either one of those & the viper or viper with top fangs .

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
As we approach the 2022 boating season I wanted to remind you that Cobra jet Steering llc, blazed the trail of aftermarket jet boat steering 20 years ago.

We make real steering for all speeds, not just at the dock and we make model specific steering to custom fit the needs of all the Yamaha jet boat lineup for all sizes and all years from 1996 models to 2022 models.

We make specialty steering and upgrades, our steering has the most features and benefits available for your boat , we even make steering with plaining surfaces for faster hole shot, smoother ride in chop and a cleaner wake for watersport activities.

We make steering that is adjustable so you get to choose the influence level that suits your needs .

We make steering that will control your boat when turning on plane even during rapid deceleration so you stay in control.

We avoid having huge fins hanging way down off the nozzles and our super fins actually adjust their influence based on the position of the hull in the water so you get the proper amount of influence when you need it automatically .

Because our patented steering systems also offer high speed influence and levels that you can change to your preference they are great for controlling the boat with ease and confidence during water sport activities. As well as dealing with large waves and poor conditions.

All our articulating keel versions for twin engine systems also come with the patented second tie rod so the entire system is balanced for equal wear and it also provides redundancy so either side will continue to operate the entire steering system and factory rudder independently should one side fail .

We never use plastic fins and we take care to set the position of the fins for the best results without the drawbacks like needing to prop them up in shallow water , or having to place bars between the fins under the nozzle where they can cause water spray.

We also take care to design our fins with rounded edges always avoiding points or sharp metal pieces on the fins to insure a swimmer friendly environment behind the boat, understanding that the steering system is usually not visible to anyone adult or child standing behind the boat in shallow water.

So remember 20 years of experience making jet propelled watercraft steer at all speeds , 5 US patents with over 100 patented claims, allows us to provide several versatile and effective steering upgrades to improve your boating experience and let you relax and enjoy a new level of confidence and fun with your jet boat.

And we also offer buy direct discount prices to everyone, on every item ,every day, as well as first responder discounts and active military discounts.

So if you want the most features and benefits available do your research and buy your last steering system first, from the innovator of aftermarket jet boat steering, "Cobra Jet Steering". Making jet boats steer and drivers smile since 2001.

Last edited:

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the difference between the Super Magnum and Super Ultimate and which makes more sense for me.

Key objectives for my 2020 242SE:
  1. Low speed maneuverability (primarily forward, but reverse assist would be great too)
  2. "Grip" at higher speeds - I don't like the feel of my boat's aft section sliding from to side to side and having to make overly corrective inputs to steering to correct for rough water
  3. Control while in neutral

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the difference between the Super Magnum and Super Ultimate and which makes more sense for me.

Key objectives for my 2020 242SE:
  1. Low speed maneuverability (primarily forward, but reverse assist would be great too)
  2. "Grip" at higher speeds - I don't like the feel of my boat's aft section sliding from to side to side and having to make overly corrective inputs to steering to correct for rough water
  3. Control while in neutral
go with the super magnum ak-19 deluxe for the buy direct discount price of $489,99 with free domestic priority mail included. It has the super fins that change their influence lever based on the position of the hull in the water slower speeds more influence because it is needed, and the top fins also come into play when the boat is off plane and sitting low in the water to add even more surface area to the side push of the combined fin surfaces because the top fin is not blocked by the outer fin, at high speed the boat does not need that amount of extra push so the super fins are adjustable and only the portion below the nozzle is making contact with the water when the boat is on plane and you get to choose the level that suits you because they are adjustable. You get the second tie rod to balance out the system increase it's longevity and it creates redundancy in the system. you get the plaining surfaces for a faster hole shot a smoother ride in chop and a cleaner wake for water sport activities , This is uniquely accomplished by being attached to the nozzle and being just under the jet propulsion water exiting the nozzle. when a boat is on plane the water coming off the ride plates under the pump push upward and deflect the jet water so it goes further back behind the boat so by blocking the upward forces just under the nozzle from having a collusion with that jet water the jet water spray is reduced behind the boat without creating any drag just simply shielding it from below. And the super magnum ak-19 deluxe is tempered aluminum it is above the rudder and it forms a balanced V configuration so you get excellent full time steering even when rapidly decelerating in a turn ,

now the super ultimate is made similar to a degree but it is spring loaded I mostly recommend that if people have forklifts putting their boat in dry dock and the operator is careless, or there are huge rocks or tree stumps in the water you operate in but remember the rudder is the lowest point of your boat and the furthest back from the transom so it has the biggest issues when having a collision with a solid object.

Attachments