• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat bag and essentials

ElRowlando

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just wondering what kind of bags people use for their "boat bags", as in a bag that you would keep your registration/keys/manuals, maybe some tools, cigars/cutter, anything that you can think of. Also wondering what people consider essentials to take out for the day excluding the flares and fire extinguisher and all of that jazz.

I saw a guy with a small pelican case and thought that it would be cool, but i'm thinking the small one is too small and the larger one would be too bulky.

Thanks!

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have a small waterproof case put my wallet phone and keys in until I'm out on the water

Jasonsbiz74

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use a plastic sealable tote for my essentials. Registration(in a small zip lock), flare gun and flares, first aid kit, small tools, sharp knife, zip ties, Electrical tape, garbage bags, bottle openers, phone charger, . ,,,, I think that's a lot of what I have besides a towrope extra towels and hoodies. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but I think that's most of it for me anyways

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I highly recommend a utility knife with the hooked end razor blades (often used for cutting shingles) just in case something wraps the impeller. If our lake level gets really low the weeds love to wind around the impeller shaft, and the hooked razor slices through them instantly without potentially scratching anything up (as opposed to tugging and tearing with bare hands or even slicing away with a straight razor).