• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Buckle

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hey guys,

I am wanting to order some of these, but I need to go stainless since I am only in salt water. The rating for stainless is 3k... do you know if they make a higher rated one? Or if I could get away with 3k?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys,

I am wanting to order some of these, but I need to go stainless since I am only in salt water. The rating for stainless is 3k... do you know if they make a higher rated one? Or if I could get away with 3k?
3k should be more than enough! I think mine are 1,500 (lbs), OEM.

--

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm very happy with the ones I put on my trailer over the winter. Used them for the 1st time over the weekend. Very convenient!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I ordered the stainless buckles off amazon. Hope they last.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered the stainless buckles off amazon. Hope they last.
Spray them down with silicone spray after every use. I do this to my buckles, brakes, rims and winch along with the jet drive and cables after she is washed down and dried. I only boat in salt water and it has treated me well over the years.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I spray mine down with T9 and they still look just as good as they did years ago when new. Mine are not stainless either. I primarily boat in fresh water but do 1-2 salt water vacations a year with the boat. Love my Boat Buckles! They make life so much faster and easier at the ramp.

Last edited:

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm freshwater only so I didn't go with the stainless model. I just spray them with silicone when I spray the pumps and they look/work just as they did when I bought them two years ago. They are a great time saver at the ramp and definitely make things simpler. Highly recommended!

PS: They make a bracket that is supposed to help with installation but I was able to get mine on just fine by slightly bending the boat strap tabs on the trailer.

Kevin1741

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have had the boat buckles for 4 seasons and they are good as new. I opted for SS in case i dip into salt water

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats plenty. Wash them off when you flush the boat. I always wash mine with Dawn when I flush and I always spray them with waterproof WD-40

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm very happy with the ones I put on my trailer over the winter. Used them for the 1st time over the weekend. Very convenient!
Did you have any trouble mounting them with the boat being so far behind the mounting point on the trailer?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys,

That's exactly what I use in salt water. I only rinse them with fresh water after use. Still perfect on my fifth season now. Don't forget, these stern tie downs will never see 3k of load. They are only used to keep the stern from dancing around while trailering.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did you have any trouble mounting them with the boat being so far behind the mounting point on the trailer?
No issue with the distance from BB to eye. As @Gym mentioned its only purpose to keep the boat from moving around. You'll be fine and I will never have another boat without Boat Buckles.

Attachments

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks! I was more worried about the angle coming out of the BB but it doesn't look too bad in that photo!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have noticed my boat still moves backwards when towing even with the boat buckles. By the time I get home they are loose. Any thoughts on how to remedy this?

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I tried to install boat buckles on mine last weekend but because the 21's sit far off the back of the trailer, the strap coming out of the buckle was at almost a 90 degree angle and I didn't feel good about it. I hate it but I'll just keep using regular tie down straps.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have noticed my boat still moves backwards when towing even with the boat buckles. By the time I get home they are loose. Any thoughts on how to remedy this?
Every watercraft I've ever had will creep forward a few miles after I pull it out at the ramp. Doesn't matter how tight you get the bow eye either. It's just the craft settling on the bunks from traveling down the road. What I always do is 1. Stab the brakes when pulling out of the parking lot to really drive that bow tight on the roller then I tighten the bow eye strap again 2. After a few miles pull off the road and tighten the rear straps. You will find they will have slack especially if the road is rough. After you've tightened them they should remain tight as the boat should have settled all it's going to on the trailer.