• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Buckles on a 19’

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Has anyone mounted a set of Boat Buckles on a 19 footer? I tried today and no such luck using the factory hole by the lights. I even bought the mounting brackets. Tried it and a couple good tugs and it started bending the tab on the trailer! 😕 I’m also not a fan of the brackets. Looks like they could twist on the bolt and then get loose. I ran out of time so scrapped it for today. Thinking of buying some long bolts and mounting them to the back cross tube where the bunks mount without the brackets.

If you have mounted a set, post a picture, I would be very appreciative!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jdkaeser I did, I did!
But, I don't recall all the details, I think I used the factory mount hole or at least don;t recall drillign one for that.
Here are some pics if it's of any help, it's a 2012 SX190 so things might have changed!
1583115408560.png

1583115447403.png

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes had them on our 19'

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bent the bracket on the trailer and mounted them direct, no problems after the first year.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bent the bracket on the trailer and mounted them direct, no problems after the first year.
That might be what I’ve done, too. Can’t find good pics though.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
20200209_142918.jpg

20200209_142934.jpg

20200209_142945.jpgInstalled them on our 2020 195S. Used the hole next to lights. Work beautifully without modification.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Hoyt Thank you for the confirmation. I ordered a set from East Marine this week. Glad to know they fit without modding.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Has anyone mounted a set of Boat Buckles on a 19 footer? I tried today and no such luck using the factory hole by the lights. I even bought the mounting brackets. Tried it and a couple good tugs and it started bending the tab on the trailer! 😕 I’m also not a fan of the brackets. Looks like they could twist on the bolt and then get loose. I ran out of time so scrapped it for today. Thinking of buying some long bolts and mounting them to the back cross tube where the bunks mount without the brackets.

If you have mounted a set, post a picture, I would be very appreciative!
I did just what you are talking about, I originally mounted them to the tie down points however the roads are awful here. I noticed they would keep twisting and rubbing against my trailer lights.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finally got around to installing my boat buckles tonight on the new 195S. I can see why everyone really likes these. Well made and fit really nice. So much better than the factory straps. Best of all no mods needed to install these.

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
2019 AR195. Painted Shorlandr trailer.

Most of the previous installs didn't really line up with what the tab is like on my trailer and I didn't want to pound the tab out. At least not yet. And unlike other videos/posts, the light assembly is welded on - there's nothing I can remove at all.

These are the stock, non stainless G2 Boat Buckles, the official Boat Buckle add on brackets, and 7/8" Grade 5 bolts/washers/nuts.

I didn't bend the stock tabs. I haven't had a chance to move the boat since I've finished this but wanted to show some pics of what I did to get the buckle to not have a weird angle just being attached to the tab alone.

Hopefully they'll hold once I get out on the water this season

.IMG_0029.jpgIMG_0030.jpgIMG_0031.jpgIMG_0032.jpgIMG_0033.jpg

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ni

Most of the previous installs didn't really line up with what the tab is like on my trailer and I didn't want to pound the tab out. At least not yet. And unlike other videos/posts, the light assembly is welded on - there's nothing I can remove at all.

These are the stock, non stainless G2 Boat Buckles, the official Boat Buckle add on brackets, and 7/8" Grade 5 bolts/washers/nuts.

I didn't bend the stock tabs. I haven't had a chance to move the boat since I've finished this but wanted to show some pics of what I did to get the buckle to not have a weird angle just being attached to the tab alone.

.View attachment 113791View attachment 113792View attachment 113793View attachment 113794View attachment 113795
Nice looking boat! I like the grey and red

mjs5128

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

.View attachment 113791View attachment 113792View attachment 113793View attachment 113794View attachment 113795
How have these brackets been holding up? Just got my boat buckles today and have been running into the same issue. They hit the tail lights if mounted in the stock position.

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
How have these brackets been holding up? Just got my boat buckles today and have been running into the same issue. They hit the tail lights if mounted in the stock position.
Unfortunately with the Covid, we haven't yet taken the boat out. So no idea how they'll do as they haven't been used yet.

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Unfortunately with the Covid, we haven't yet taken the boat out. So no idea how they'll do as they haven't been used yet.
FINALLY took the boat out. The brackets seem to be working just fine. I’m not wrenching the strap insanely tight but they didn’t bend and they’re clearing the boat better then mounting them directly to the trailer’s tabs.

Last edited:

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did but I mounted mine to the cross frame piece where the brake light bar is. So much easier.

YamaHog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know this is an old thread, but I just installed the Stainless version of the G2 Boat Buckles this morning on my 2020 195S Galvanized trailer. I put a towel over the tie-down points and carefully bent them out horizontal with a pair of vice grips. Then I mounted them pretty much parallel to the taillights. I did use the stock bolts and nuts. I put a little anti seize on the nut threads and a little blue thread locker near the backside washer on the bolt. I didn't have any issues getting thing tightened down snug. I just went slow using a box wrench to hold the bolt head and a deep well socket on a ratchet to slowly tighten. The angle is not ideal when ratcheting the straps down tight, but I think it will work ok. Here's pics of my install.

IMG_20201106_204006.jpg

IMG_20201107_105433.jpg

IMG_20201107_105450.jpg

IMG_20201107_105419 (1).jpg

IMG_20201107_105535.jpg

Justin2431

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Always hate making new holes but the way that belt wrinkles up makes me grit my teeth. I tried every way I could to use the OEM holes. Used a standard drill bit from Lowe’s and it goes right through the trailer. Ace hardware had the correct length bolt in stainless

Attachments

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
There are existing holes on the trailer that can be used, you just need longer bolts.42304F20-D744-4410-9332-40113F247277.png
I used the existing hole on the right.

YamaHog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@SCP1 , or anybody else who may know. I'm looking to re-locate my boat buckle mounting points to use the existing hole mentioned in the above post. I don't like the angle the straps currently pull at and bunch up (although I've had the boat out a few times at the end of last year and didn't have any issues). Does anybody know what size and length of bolts are needed to use the existing hole in the rear cross-member to mount the boat buckles? Digging around in Amazon reviews on G2 boat buckles, it seems the bolt size that comes with them is 7/16 #14 Coarse thread x 1" length. I would just buy a couple of different size bolts to test fit, but 7/16 are not available at any hardware store I've looked at, so I'm going to have to order them. It looks like I'd want 4.5" - 5" long bolts to go through the boat buckle, hole in rear cross-member, and still have room for the washer and nut. I'm also unsure of the size of the existing holes in the rear cross-member of trailer and wouldn't want to drill that hole out to wider diameter. If I had to drill, I'd likely just end up going with @Justin2431 's solution for ease of accessing the buckles ratchet/release.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@SCP1 , or anybody else who may know. I'm looking to re-locate my boat buckle mounting points to use the existing hole mentioned in the above post. I don't like the angle the straps currently pull at and bunch up (although I've had the boat out a few times at the end of last year and didn't have any issues). Does anybody know what size and length of bolts are needed to use the existing hole in the rear cross-member to mount the boat buckles? Digging around in Amazon reviews on G2 boat buckles, it seems the bolt size that comes with them is 7/16 #14 Coarse thread x 1" length. I would just buy a couple of different size bolts to test fit, but 7/16 are not available at any hardware store I've looked at, so I'm going to have to order them. It looks like I'd want 4.5" - 5" long bolts to go through the boat buckle, hole in rear cross-member, and still have room for the washer and nut. I'm also unsure of the size of the existing holes in the rear cross-member of trailer and wouldn't want to drill that hole out to wider diameter. If I had to drill, I'd likely just end up going with @Justin2431 's solution for ease of accessing the buckles ratchet/release.
I don’t recall and I no longer have this boat so I can’t go check. I believe they are the same size as the bolt that is provided with the Boat Buckles just longer. I know I ended up have to use a longer bolt then I wanted because I couldn’t find any the correct length, but only a half inch longer than I wanted. Honestly I would just drill a hole in the side of the trailer. I was concerned about this, however it went really smooth on my new trailer, with the bigger boats it appeared that the rear cross member does not have the same clearance so I was concerned about the boat hitting this when loading/unloading on the trailer. I would recommend having 2 people when you drill and take your tail lights off and have the other person watching to make sure your trailer light wires are out of the way.