• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Cover Plastic Clips

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
So over the winter apparently 3 out of the 4 of my boat cover clips broke like this one. And for whatever reason these are not the clips that have the teeth on the back end where you weave the strap over and under so it self tightens. Has anybody had to replace theirs because of this and did you have to re-stitch them on or did you get another kind of male clip?
IMG-0774.JPG

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
So in case anybody else experiences this in the future, I found a suitable substitute male and female adjustable slide clip. Only problem is with this cover the tightening strap is short so there is not a lot of slack coming out the adjustable end; I applied electrical tape to keep the slack from fraying in the wind while trailering. Should do the job. Link to the replacement clip from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DCZRLZW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG-0792.JPG IMG-0793.JPG IMG-0794.JPG IMG-0795.JPG

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Great find