• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat is at the dealership as of this morning!

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I''ve stayed off of here while I waited...and waited! I get the news that the boat is at the dealership and will be ready for pick-up on Friday. So what do I do? That's right, I delay pick-up by another week by adding a sound system, underwater LEDs and interior LEDs. It's all good though cause I couldn't use the boat if I had it. It has snowed all day here in East Tennessee!! It's nearly April WFT?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
" It's all good though cause I couldn't use the boat if I had it." Not true @primedoc , I've found it makes a great drinking platform sitting in the driveway. :winkingthumbsup" Congrats on the new boat. Don't worry, by mid July we'll all be complaining about the heat.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've found it makes a great drinking platform sitting in the driveway.
Our last boat was a cuddy cabin/cruiser that we would trailer around. One Saturday I was "cleaning" the boat in the driveway and it was HOT outside. I guess I got a little carried away drinking beer. That and the fact that I hadn't slept much the night before combined with a big fan plugged in keeping the air cool in the cuddy made it a great place to take a nap. My wife wasn't very impressed when she found me sleeping in the boat with beer cans all around..... :mad:

Congrats on the new boat purchase! It sounds like you are getting it done the right way the first time. I agree with you and would rather have it done now as opposed to doing it in the middle of the season and losing a weekend on the water.

Be sure to post some pics when you pick it up!!!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's great. I'll bet your excited.

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That is great news Primedoc! I remember from your other posts that it has been a long wait for you. I feel your pain. My boat has been at the dealership for over a month but the boat ramp was flooded out. It has finally gone down and the the dealer is hoping I can go for my check out ride at the end of the week (hoping for a break in the rain). I hope the weather clears up for you by the time your boat is ready. I think of Tennessee as part of the South so I am surprised to hear about snow and especially this late.
I am jealous that you are already modding out your boat. Part of the deal to get this boat with the wife was that we had to get it and use it before the mods could start. She claims I buy more shiny things for my toys than her. She still refers to my motorcycle as my mistress. I, of course, have no idea what she is talking about!

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm surprised your not at the dealer passing the tools as they fit the up-grades.

It will be worth the wait, just don't change your mind on that tower :winkingthumbsup"

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I''ve stayed off of here while I waited...and waited! I get the news that the boat is at the dealership and will be ready for pick-up on Friday. So what do I do? That's right, I delay pick-up by another week by adding a sound system, underwater LEDs and interior LEDs. It's all good though cause I couldn't use the boat if I had it. It has snowed all day here in East Tennessee!! It's nearly April WFT?
Just a case of mind over matter...if you don't mind, it won't matter!! Good luck with the new rig and don't forget those pics of the new boat!!!

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What did you go with for a sound system?

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What did you go with for a sound system?
Four 6.5 inch Wetsounds tower speakers, a 10' Wetsounds sub under the passenger seat, and two 200watt Wetsounds amps, one center mounted Seablaze underwater LED (blue) on the transom and LEDs (blue) on all of the cup holders.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Four 6.5 inch Wetsounds tower speakers, a 10' Wetsounds sub under the passenger seat, and two 200watt Wetsounds amps, one center mounted Seablaze underwater LED (blue) on the transom and LEDs (blue) on all of the cup holders.
What did that run you? My 2014 AR240HO is awaiting pickup, and I got an itch to scratch.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All these new boats.. man I'm getting jealous... need pics..

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't be too jealous in my case. . . . Paid for her in the first half of January and have AGONIZED over it ever since with the weather being what it is up here. The only pic I have is the one in my signature. I am hoping to take delivery sometime in mid to late April. At which point plenty of pics will ensue.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Do the mods now cause it would suck seeing it sit at the house and not being able to use it.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have my Cobra Fins and EZ-Locks to install...... Besides that I won't likely do much by way of mods until fall. I just bought the boat, and as a result have to pony up for new docks which ate the rest of my disposable cash for the time being. On that note keep an eye out for a dock opinion poll I am about to post.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Talk about indecision, I have patients that work at all of the local boat manufactures and during my wait for my Yamaha I have questioned my decision (a little). I have patients that work at Mastercraft and Malibu (forget those, WAY too expensive), Bryant Boats (they are nice, but not much nicer than Yamaha and they are I/Os) Sea Ray (very nice and twice as much or MORE than a Yamaha, I took a Sea Ray factory tour about a year ago that inspired my non-Sea Ray boat hunt), then about a week ago I find out about Axis Wake Research Boats. Axis is a very nice (essentially a Malibu hull / boat without all of the touch screen electronics / bells and whistles of a Malibu). Axis is made by Malibu in the same building by the same employees, comes standard with "Surf Gate" and Axis is on par with Yamaha as far as cost for a 24 footer!! I'd be lying if I didn't say that I didn't consider canceling my Yamaha order while waiting for my boat and buying an "in-stock" Axis (white with silver metallic accent, white tower and awesome stock sound system). Here is the link to the boat that nearly changed my mind AGAIN. LOL It's a wonder I ever got married.

So what do you guys think of the Axis? I know it's not a jet, but still an awesome boat.

http://www.greatwakesboating.com/new_galleria.asp?sid=02896997X3K25K2014J7I03I29JPMQ6271R0&veh=386706&pov=3545151

Last edited:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Axis is a Beautiful boat. . . I looked at it briefly, but the freeboard is not high enough for the times I will run it in the Great South Bay and the Atlantic.

Not to mention the fact that for those occasions when I am far from shore, I just HAVE to have that second engine. . . . .

On a slightly related topic. . . . Take a second to cast your vote for my next dock system

https://jetboaters.net/index.php?threads/dock-system-opinions-needed.955/

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Axis boats are nice - they're basically a Malibu without all the touch screens and other fluffy stuff. As for "budget" wake boats - I'd prefer the Moomba Mojo (which are built by Supra) or the Ski Supreme. I'm not a big fan of BU's - I've been in MANY of them, and they ride really rough. ROUGH is an understatement. My buddy has a BU 22MXZ - $85k boat - and the kids in the tube have a softer ride. This is due to their hull design and the flat transom.

But it really comes down to what you want to do with a boat. If your primary concern is wakeboarding or wakesurfing - then absolutely get the Axis. No Yamaha, no matter what they do, will create the wake of a dedicated wake boat. That is there sole purpose - that is what they were specifically designed to do. If your boating shallow waters - then keep in mind wake boats need 36" (less, but better to be safe). They don't have a shallow draft like a Yamaha, nor can they trim up like an I/O. But they sure are pretty. If speed is your game - then forget it - wakeboats can't break 45.

But if your looking for a boat to cruise around, tube, wakeboard, do a little surfing - with little maintenance - an all around do it all boat - not great at specifically 1 thing, but really good at doing a little of everything really well - then Yamaha will be the boat for you.