• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat is winterized, my storage pic

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got mine all squared away for winter. Here's to hoping El Nino will bring some rain to California and a mild winter to us!
View attachment 30253
Kinda looks a little like my winter spot. Mine gets parked in my dad's barn between his Princecraft, and my Grandpa's Bass Tracker. So glad to have family with space for me to keep it
20150307_171740.jpg

KennyG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I explained in another thread how I store my boat so I figured I would snap a pic for those that are curious.

Wax coat on that will stay on all winter, Rv antifreeze in, fogged motors, damp rid hanging behind helm and in under seat compartments, all seats out, seafoam in gas tank, everything out of the boat, and cover on in its tent for the winter.

View attachment 30161

View attachment 30162

View attachment 30163
do you still storage you boat this way? what are the pro and cons if you dont mind me asking i would like to upgrade to a 24 but i know it will not fit in my garage

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
do you still storage you boat this way? what are the pro and cons if you dont mind me asking i would like to upgrade to a 24 but i know it will not fit in my garage
It's been my experience that indoor storage will extend the life and condition of your investment exponentially. Whether it's a boat, car, ATV, or lawnmower, it will always last longer inside.

I've got an '09 that I bought brand-new from the dealer in '10. She's been stored indoors her whole life. I don't get to use it as much as I'd like (engines only have around 150 hours on them) so than some minor wear-and-tear she's brand-new.

Had she been left outside for the past 10 years, she'd be dull and faded as any boat left in a marina and probably be on her 3'rd or 4th cover by now (I'm still on the original though it's nearing end-of-life) and probably be in need of a re-upholster.

Yes, you CAN fight this off with waxing and conditioning products (there are some examples here of boats in tip-top shape after years outside) but it takes more energy and time than I have - and to be honest, I've got a shoulder that turns to sausage any time I try sanding/buffing or other similar motions. The good Lord gave me roofs so I don't have to run a buffer.

All that said, I live in a place where a 15x40 storage unit with electric (a couple miles from my house) runs me $140/mo. Being able to keep my boats and off-season equipment (mowers in the winter, shovels and snow throwers in the summer) in there justifies the expense.

Where you live storage may not be that cheap or convenient. Then you have to be honest with yourself: Are you willing and able to do what it takes to maintain a boat stored outdoors? It's a big investment that depreciates quickly under the best circumstances.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have to be honest and say that I didn't apply the wax this year but the boat storage has changed. I did love the tent that we had for the 3 years or so that we used it and it did keep the elements off of the boat. Looked brand new when we sold it. Now we store our boat indoors year round at our property.

KennyG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yea i keep my 19 in the garage and look brand new i might have to spend the money and build a seal metal building in the backyard if i want to upgrade to a 24