• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat lift... Bunker Spacing...

Crawdad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A15EF9E7-0B92-4511-8E61-F03DAE25112A.jpegPicked up a lift this year, any suggestions? I need to move the boards in. Does any know the distance/ space for the boards for a 2018 242 S? I traded in my 2011 AR240 this year, and I haven’t picked up our new boat and trailer yet. Just looking for the spacing... Thank you !🇺🇸

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I set mine up according to the trailer widths. Did a few slight adjustments on the rear spacing. I believe I narrowed the rear opening based on measurement on the flat area. Papa

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I tweaked mine the first couple seasons as I started with the trailer measurements first. It felt sloppy catching the bunks so I moved them in some the next year and finally have them set equally front to back at approx 28 inches where the outer edge of the bunks makes contact with the boat. At this width it grabs the bow early and slides right on thru. Very helpful solo'ing or when windy. When I would vacation in the Keys and kayak up/down the canals I noticed boats smaller and larger than mine all had the bunks narrowly and evenly spaced. I imagine you can get away with the narrower spacing as you're not travelling down the highway at 75 MPH with the boat on a bouncing trailer.