• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat lift direct drive motor battery question

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After a year of using the boat lift wheel to crank up/down the boat and not getting any younger, I purchased a Lift Tech 12/24 volt DC motor that I'll run off of the boat batteries. To get 24 volts and twice the speed raising the boat it says to run the batteries in series by attaching a battery cable from the positive on one battery to the negative on the other.

Not knowing much about batteries and since I'll be leaving the jumper cable on the batteries, does this have any ill effect on how the batteries are intended to work today, with a house and a starting battery working independently?