• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Lift Opinion

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
hi all

Looking for your opinion on the lift. Wondering if it's worth the money.

It's a 5000#, 117" wide, Floe Verticle lift with a 12V motor and canopy extension. The lift is about 7yrs old. I have it secured for $1300.00 and going to look at it this weekend. If all good is it worth the $1300. Here is a pic.

$1300 seems like a steal on a lift. Is it entirely hand driven? Would you plan to motorize it?

$1300 seems like a steal on a lift. Is it entirely hand driven? Would you plan to motorize it?

Thanks Bruce. It comes with the 12 volt motor but not sure how good it is. Will need to see what it needs. I'm thinking if I still need to put some TLC and a few dollars in it it should work out ok. That's if it's not a total mess.

The first thing I want to look at is replacing the four bunks to two full length bunks and the wheels on it. They look a little make shift. Then find a canopy.

If it seems to work smoothly you should have a decent deal there, but I'd expect some parts will need replacement. I paid almost $10k for a new one. I assume you'll need new canopy fabric? Is the canopy frame in good shape? New canopy frame and fabric will be about $3k. I see you have a 24ft boat. I have a 24ft also. Wish I had purchased a 28ft canopy, instead mine is 26ft. You may also need canopy height extensions to fit your wake tower. The power lift mechanism is worth about $2500 new so keep that in mind.

The wheels are just to move it in and out seasonally. You'll remove those so make sure you have all 4 pads/feet.

Last edited:
You will also want a bow stop attachment. Our boats dont have an outdrive to catch the motor stop at the back of the lift. Without a bow stop you'll float right through! My bow stop was $375 installed.

What lake are you on?

If it seems to work smoothly you should have a decent deal there, but I'd expect some parts will need replacement. I paid almost $10k for a new one. I assume you'll need new canopy fabric? Is the canopy frame in good shape? New canopy frame and fabric will be about $3k. I see you have a 24ft boat. I have a 24ft also. Wish I had purchased a 28ft canopy, instead mine is 26ft. You may also need canopy height extensions to fit your wake tower. The power lift mechanism is worth about $2500 new so keep that in mind.

I will need to purchase the canopy frame,cover and extensions . It does not come with. Thanks for the heads up with going 28' vs. 26' I was looking at the 26's.

The wheels are just to move it in and out seasonally. You'll remove those so make sure you have all 4 pads/feet.
You will also want a bow stop attachment. Our boats dont have an outdrive to catch the motor stop at the back of the lift. Without a bow stop you'll float right through! My bow stop was $375 installed.

What lake are you on?

What lift do you have? I have been searching to see if Floe makes a bow stop hand have had zero luck so far.

We are on Lake Tetonka. South of the cities.

what is the general rule with weight on a lift? Do you get one that covers your boat and weight of fuel and with that you are OK? Or do you look for something that is like, your boat weight + 1000 pounds? Just curious.

let us know how this lift looks when you go see it this weekend. Structurally OK and stuff like that.

Most lift companies state that you should be no more than 85% of the total capacity rating on the lift. So if the lift is rated at 5000# the max you can lift is 4250#

I have a Max VL Pro 5k#. Very happy with it so far. Very sturdy, almost overbuilt. Canopy is very strong also. I'm adding DC motorized lift to it this year. Purchased at Nisswa Dock and Lift.
http://maxdock.com/vert_5000.php

Thank you to all for the input. I did end up purchasing the lift. Got it a bit cheaper. It is what was stated however when I inspected it, the lift did not have the vertical screw legs. Ok, not a problem, but now have another question. What are you all using to level the lift when install and water level changes?

Congrats, hope it works well for you! The Gull Chain is regulated by dam so I havent needed to worry about adjustments. I hire out the seasonal install and maintenance so I'm no help there! Check the manufacturers website, they may have PDF manuals available.

Back