• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat overheated and lost all its coolant really fast. Picture

Rearwheeln

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I think there is a plug that goes here . I haven’t found it yet below the engine but if someone can confirm there should be a coolant plug here that would be awesome. Boat has 22 hours on it.97064

jb32566

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
can you zoom out and take a picture with a little wider angle?
if so i'll post a comparison from mine

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like there are threads in there. Possibly an engine zink?

Jet Boat Tom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
That threaded hole is an additional Boss for a ground cable. On twin engine applications there are multiple ground cables. I would start checking the coolant hoses. I would guess that a hose came loose.

Last edited:

Rearwheeln

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Found the issue after opening up the hatch more for better access. Improperly installed hose clamps 5508ACA2-9431-4C37-839A-63C2DF2A49AE.jpeg79F04189-5AB2-4AC9-99F2-77D9974D3CC4.jpeg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was it loose or clamped on the wrong place?

Rearwheeln

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Was it loose or clamped on the wrong place?
It was tightly clamped on the barb fitting itself and completely missed the hose. The first picture is the other side I inspected and it’s clamping the hose slightly but overlapping and tight on the barb fitting itself and not clamping the hose basically. The bracket holding the air filter assembly to the engine was loose and many other clamps. Everyone needs to open there hood and check everything. My boat has 22 hours on it .

DelBel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Wow, that’s not pretty. Question for somebody. I recently purchased a 2014 215. Other than my test ride it hasn’t hit the water yet. Per advise on here I’ve tightened all my hose clamps that I can reach. Lots were lose! How do you reach the ones that are down and at the back of the engine compartment? I can’t seem to reach that far?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Wow, that’s not pretty. Question for somebody. I recently purchased a 2014 215. Other than my test ride it hasn’t hit the water yet. Per advise on here I’ve tightened all my hose clamps that I can reach. Lots were lose! How do you reach the ones that are down and at the back of the engine compartment? I can’t seem to reach that far?
Do you have friends with long arms? I'm faced with that as well. You may try disconnecting some top hoses to reach the bottom ones.

Rearwheeln

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Unhook the gas shocks from the hood and stand it up

Attachments