• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

boat plug light that fits Yamaha 195s

AdamK195S

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Does anyone know of a boat plug light that fits Yamaha 195s

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There was a guy in the Facebook groups that custom made adapters for yamaha plug holes. All yamahas run the same size plug. Can't remember who he was though

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I just ordered a set of these:

Has anyone replaced the drain plug flange? is it easy to do and to remain water tight?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just ordered a set of these:

Has anyone replaced the drain plug flange? is it easy to do and to remain water tight?
Looks like a good choice. Are you wiring that to the courtesy light switch?

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Looks like a good choice. Are you wiring that to the courtesy light switch?
I'm not sure yet. I also got this to control them:

I may just wire them direct to power and use the remote to control them. I would likely also add a wired switch so they could be completely off if needed. I was thinking about using the courtesy light switch as well. Not really sure yet. Depends how they work and what the remote can do. The remote was cheap enough to try it out and not use it if desired.

tbg0519

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I put a set of typhons from boatpluglight.com on my 195S using their big drain adapter. I had to do a little filing on the threads of the adapter to get it to screw in properly to the hull but that could easily be due to a qc issue at Yamaha as others have not had that problem. The one thing I will caution is be sure they cannot get 'accidentally' turned on as they need the water to keep the LEDs from cooking. I actually made a wiring harness for mine that has a waterproof connector back by the battery. That way I can't accidentally turn them on with the remote or any other reason that could cause me troubles. Of course I did the install over the winter so I am STILL waiting on it to warm up enough on the weekend so I can take her out and test them.