• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Prep For Bimini

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im sure its been talked about but what are something that you do to your boat for the extended stay in saltwater? What products do you use and what areas are more important? Thanks

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Use your favorite anti-corrosion stray and spray down your engines, jets, trailer and wipe down all other exposed metal surfaces. Shortly after you get home or at the ramp flush your engines with a salt away product and rinse your trailer.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Gofish206 you know about the Bimini flings in June and July right ?

Last year I used
  • corrosionX for the critical metal parts
  • other metal I sprayed silicone
  • I hand waxed the entire hull twice3
All the nastiness come off the hull real eassy and I have very few rust spots. If I were to sale the today today, I could probably claim that it was never been in salt water. Although I was in Bimini for 1 week last year.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only thing I would add is if You have the ability bring a small hose if you take two minutes at the end of everyday to rinse your boat down and wipe the exposed metal down it will help. Your most likely culprit to get rust from this trip will be the hinges on the swim deck for the lid to the clean out plugs but I wouldn’t stress it as they are easy enough to replace if that happens and it bothers you.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did rinse my boat every other day while in Bimini. The only additional info is to avoid directly pointing the hose towards the switch board. It might fry your switches...... ( dont ask me how i know).

Another side note: I have an SX240 so I have a lightpole. I left that in place and the navigation lights on, since it was before daybrake. With the electricity going through and the salt, the connection got so corroded that I just had to buy a new female and the pole. I guess dialectic grease might have helped and turning off the lights would have helped to, but when you get airborne and the engine dies, you tent to forget about the lights.....

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My plan is to put the boat in Kerr lake the day after I get home and make the 70 mile round trip to clarksville and back as a fresh water flush!