• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Protection While Stored

Nick Hughes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I discovered yesterday that my boat was broke into in the off season. I haven't been there since September. I store it on a covered lift at a large marina. Apparently only my boat was hit of the 100+ there. Took all the stereo equipment you see in my sig, ripped the mooring cover and broke the helm door. I've asked for Wifi access to add my own Ring camera directly over my boat. Are there any other steps people take to prevent this? What's really odd is that even though I am 1 of a few with a V-hulls (most are toons), I don't have tower speakers or JLA stickers so why they targeted me is odd. I'd say inside job, but more likely the transients that descended on the area after a tornado hit in March, some were caught rummaging abandoned houses. TIA.